Popular Tags: [View All]
R. Sangalang
United States
Daly City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Guard rules

2 guards = Actions cost 1 AP more. This does not concern moves, playing blackmail cards and free actions

3 guards - You cannot perform any actions which cost AP, apart from moving and playing blackmail cards. Free actions can be performed. This does not concern moves, playing blackmail cards and free actions.

On the reference card:
under Actions That Cost AP, Location Use is listed.
under Free Actions, Location Use is not listed.

These locations have a free action as its location use.
2 Radio Room (copper)
3 Dining Hall (copper)
5 Exercise Yard (silver)
8 Recreational Room (copper)

If there are 2 guards in the above locations, does using the location's free action cost 1 AP or is it still free.

If there are 3 guards in the above locations, can you use the location?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RafaƂ Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the rules that came out confusing. Sorry for that.

Location Use is ALWAYS affected by the number of guards. That was the intention behind the rules.

If you played otherwise you might have noticed that this doesn't change that much - it just makes the locations more useful, especially in the endgame, and guards more useless.

Have fun with the game, cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBERTO M
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I'm confused with your statement "Location Use is ALWAYS affected by the number of guards".

So, in the example of the Exercise Yard (silver side):

With 0, 1, 2 and 3 guards the use of the location's rule is free of AP, since it's classified as a free action or not?

My confusion is because in the description of Actions Which Cost 1 AP it says: "some of the locations' rule do not cost AP", and in the Locations descriptions it says: "this is a free action". However you mentioned that the Locations' use is ALWAYS affected by the number guards.

So, If I understand correctly the only actions that are classified as free actions are:
-Exchanging/giving items or cards,
-Bribing the guards, and
-Spending a Stamina Point.

Could you give an example of how the use of the locations' rule is used with the different numbers of guards for the locations that have the free action symbol?

Thanks a lot, I'm really enjoying this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.