Subject: Question about country "ownership" for redesign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
luke smith
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
I haven't played this game in a few years, and I don't own it, but I miss it, and am redesigning it.

In the images provided in the image section, the colours of different areas seem to match up, and I am wondering if this affects the gameplay. For example, it looks like Italy and Libya are the same colour on the map. Does that mean that Libya is part of Italy? Also, Malta has a blue circle, same colour as Britain (and Egypt is also blue). Does that mean that those two countries were controlled by Britain?

My WWII history is not very good.

Here is a screenshot of a work in progress board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Those were certainly controlled areas, historically, and I think they count as home territory for the respective spies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luke smith
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
Sweet, so the following looks about right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lukasaurus wrote:
Sweet, so the following looks about right?

Did you do Malta as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luke smith
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
Yeah, but not in that image. I made the circle blue that sits over it, and in the redesigned rule book, am going to write an intro outlining what counts as what countries territory. I think there is also a British location in Spain as well (Gibralta?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Pooba

Bowling Green
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your Map looks really cool. I love this game and was thinking of doing a redesign as well. I envisioned a map that looked similar to Twilight struggle or 1989. I also wanted to replace the old chit pull system with playing cards. How is your redesign going?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luke smith
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
I actually lost te file in a drive wipe, but restarted with a game of thrones retheme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Ryan
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game with the WW2 theme is worthy as a remake. I love GoT but it is not as worthy IMHO as the WW2 theme. You should get a short history of WW2 and read it, or even read the wiki page, as it was time period rich in narrative. WW2 combat gets covered but I don't know of another game that focuses on the espionage aspects of WW2.

I'll leave you with two WW2 history teasers: wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä (I cant get the link to copy, just google "wiki simo hayha" or Finnish sniper

and this story about a pilot who shot down and returns in a stolen plane!

http://warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boyce mcclellan
United States
Harrisonburg
VA
flag msg tools
I did a quick redesign of the Action Chits into smaller sized playing cards and then the City Action Tokens into normal sized playing cards.

They are in the forum somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.