Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Larocque
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondered if anyone else is still waiting for their copy to arrive? I am getting jealous with all of the recent posts but if I am not alone I think I can wait a bit longer before contacting them.zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George J. Wendt
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
This is my dog, Pothier, but everyone calls him Potes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glandyth a Krae wrote:
Just wondered if anyone else is still waiting for their copy to arrive? I am getting jealous with all of the recent posts but if I am not alone I think I can wait a bit longer before contacting them.zombie

I am also waiting. I have emailed them twice asking for updates and have received no response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you see the latest Kickstarter update?

Quote:
Greetings, troops!

Some of you have not received your games yet and have asked about status so will update you on where things are at currently.

First, we must apologize. Because this was such a large project, with a lot of bonus items, the project got very complicated. We knew this from the start, and have done all we can to avoid delays. And yet, here we are.

As you already know, Rik and Emmanuel went to Atlanta to help pack the games for the supporters. They managed to finish about a third of all the orders, and when they left, the warehouse staff was supposed to finish the job during the next few days.

But somehow, because of a myriad of reasons, the warehouse staff couldn’t fulfill its promise. And on top of this, UPS completely let us down by screwing up the shipping notices.

We were told this morning that the packing is nearly complete (10 days later than it should have). The Enlisted supporters are the ones that are still waiting, the Noncom supporters should receive a shipping notice shortly. And hopefully, all this mess should be resolved in a few days.

This process has been difficult and frustrating for us. Next time, we will supervise shipping more thoroughly, and stay longer at the warehouse if necessary.

We thank you all for your support and your patience. And wait till you open your boxes full of goodies! You’ll see that this game is worth the wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Yeah I killed women and children, killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another and I'm here to kill you Little Bill"
badge
"It's a Sicilian message. It means Luci Brasi sleeps with the fishes."
mbmbmbmbmb
Glandyth a Krae wrote:

I am waiting impatiently as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Gill
United States
Bellaire
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Your not alone, and from what I have learned from todays update it may be another week or so before the game shows up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
I am waiting patiently across the ocean, around the mountain, take a right at Tokyo Tower.

Oooh I'm just excited that the game is coming with lots o goodies
No rush for me (I backed at L4L), I have a tonne of other games I need to get played, so I'm happy to wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normscoffee wrote:
Glandyth a Krae wrote:

I am also waiting. I have emailed them twice asking for updates and have received no response.

I'm still waiting too. I'm starting to get annoyed since people who pledged at a level lower than me are getting shipping notices and copies of their games and I have nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Curlis
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I pledged at the lowest level, never received a shipping notice but was pleasantly surprised by UPS this afternoon. They are certainly out there and coming.

Oh and it was worth the wait. My son and I had a blast this evening!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting in Dallas as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
waiting snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:
Did you see the latest Kickstarter update?

Did you see all the other threads?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am right smack dab in the middle of the USA and still have NO D-Day Dice and NO UPS shipping notice. This was my first Kickstarter purchase and will probably be my last. I appreciate the updates that they put out but they have had my money for a long time and the game is already over 2 months later than promised originally. Yes I realize they added lots of swag and had some problems at the warehouse and with UPS but this is getting ridiculas.

I wish I was a more patient person, but Im just NOTsoblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Omahavice wrote:
I am right smack dab in the middle of the USA and still have NO D-Day Dice and NO UPS shipping notice. This was my first Kickstarter purchase and will probably be my last. I appreciate the updates that they put out but they have had my money for a long time and the game is already over 2 months later than promised originally. Yes I realize they added lots of swag and had some problems at the warehouse and with UPS but this is getting ridiculas.

I don't understand complaints like this at all. If you would prefer to buy the game from retail (without all the extra swag), then you would still have a month or two of waiting to get the game. It doesn't matter if a game is published via KS or another method, delays are always possible. You have to learn patience if you live internationally
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Lashley
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
Chance favors the prepared mind.
badge
Mundus vult decipi
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
You have to learn patience if you live internationally

I couldn't agree more! I live in Japan, exactly halfway around the world from the send off point, but I have been occupying my time with some Memoir '44 in preparation for its arrival. Huzzah to having too many games as backups!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
Omahavice wrote:

I don't understand complaints like this at all. If you would prefer to buy the game from retail (without all the extra swag), then you would still have a month or two of waiting to get the game. It doesn't matter if a game is published via KS or another method, delays are always possible. You have to learn patience if you live internationally

The main difference to me is that you generally get an idea when a store is going to get the games. Companies announce once games are sent to distributors and in the United States, most online stores and local stores get the games at the same time. Through this kickstarter, the games have trickled out over a few weeks and almost everyone has no idea if their games have shipped or not.

I definitely agree with the person whose post you responded to. This has been very frustrating. We were originally told that the games would be shipped by July 3rd. Ten days later the company finally posted an update indicating that all of the games have not shipped. I understand that delays can happen but I am not thrilled with the way Valley Games has handled the shipping process or notification process. I am upset because people who have pledged at a level lower than me have received their games and I do not have a shipping notification or a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it really bother some people that other less-worthy people are somehow getting to enjoy the game sooner than them? (Bolded for absurdity.)

Good lord, it's like you're doing 79 in a 70 mph zone and some dude tailgates you because he wants to do 81 in your lane. Oh noes, he won't get to work 10 seconds earlier because of my slow ass...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
Does it really bother some people that other less-worthy people are somehow getting to enjoy the game sooner than them? (Bolded for absurdity.)

Good lord, it's like you're doing 79 in a 70 mph zone and some dude tailgates you because he wants to do 81 in your lane. Oh noes, he won't get to work 10 seconds earlier because of my slow ass...

No, the issue is that Valley Games decided to ship based on pledge level. Some of the lower pledge levels are getting their games before some of the higher pledge levels. My concern at this point is that maybe my shipment got missed. Of course there is no way to check this since most people did not get shipping notices due to a UPS mess up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my noncom package this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting. Anyone got them in Canada? I got my notice last week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Menezes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
Still waiting. Anyone got them in Canada? I got my notice last week.

Luds, you can follow the latest canadian updates at -Any Canadians got their package yet?- It doesn´t look like anyone got theirs yet.

Also, there is a thread for the Britons at Anyone in the UK received theirs yet ?

As for myself, I´m following all these topics, but the DDD won´t shop on brazilian shores for at least a month cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
I remain shocked, shocked, to find delays and snafus in a Valley Games establishment production such as this.

("Your games, sir." "Oh, yes, thank you very much.")

Omahavice wrote:
This was my first Kickstarter purchase and will probably be my last.

I'd recommend instead that you make it your last Valley Games pre-purchase. Honestly, if I'd been paying attention and had noticed this was a Valley production I would have stayed out. (For why, check the threads under Hannibal and Titan, for starters.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Gill
United States
Bellaire
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Well in the last update they stated that Non-Coms should be out this week and we should get notices shortly but at this point I have still received no notice from UPS or game so we will see. If I don't at least have a shipment notice by Friday I will start to worry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim williamson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkoverlord6 wrote:
Well in the last update they stated that Non-Coms should be out this week and we should get notices shortly but at this point I have still received no notice from UPS or game so we will see. If I don't at least have a shipment notice by Friday I will start to worry.

Just got my Non-com shipment in Indiana. I never did receive any kind of notice about it shipping, even from UPS My Choice thing which I did sign up for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Gill
United States
Bellaire
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Which is the problem exactly, with no information to go on i.e. some people get notices some don't/some folks have gotten info from UPSMyChoice some haven't I have no idea when or if my package will arrive so all I can do is keep checking and cross my fingers. I still have faith the it will all work out in the end but if I am sitting here at the end of next week with nothing I will not be a happy camper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkoverlord6 wrote:
Which is the problem exactly, with no information to go on i.e. some people get notices some don't/some folks have gotten info from UPSMyChoice some haven't I have no idea when or if my package will arrive so all I can do is keep checking and cross my fingers. I still have faith the it will all work out in the end but if I am sitting here at the end of next week with nothing I will not be a happy camper.

If I get my non-com version here in las Vegas before you get your copy in Texas then you can start worrying. Looks like people with their copies are much closer to Atlanta. My friend in town that ordered the officer level got it thurs/fri last week so if I don't get mine by thurs/fri I'll be bummed.

Tmo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.