5 Posts

Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: help :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dr oosp
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all, am getting my wife interested in boardgamea more and more yea I just git call of cthulu card game for us to play, however it is a difficult game for us, my wife had a very good question I could not answer. So any help appreciated...we were stumbling through and not sure on the struggles , if active player commits to a story , say I have a few characters that have terror and say combat , my wife commits to challange but none of her characters in her play have any terror not in her deck at all, her question is how can she win any terror struggles at all since under the impression that all four struggles have to be won to win a token? And in the order of the story, so if I win auto because she has no terror a character if hers goes insane and I get a token? The if the story is not resolved we have to start at terror again on the next turn? Sorry a lot but desperatley want to learn and enjoy and the rules don't cover this...thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jevon Heath
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Credit to David J. Kelly
badge
This image is not mine – message me if you know who made it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Each struggle is independent. The only thing you need to succeed at a story is to have more skill after all four struggles resolve. There are three ways to get tokens on a story:

1) After a player wins an Investigation struggle at a story, that player gains a token.
2) If the player whose turn it is has more Skill than the other player after all four struggles, that player gains a token. (This is called Succeeding at a story.)
3) If the player whose turn it is got a token from #2, they get an extra token if the other player's total Skill was 0.

Since your wife has no Terror icons, she will not win a Terror struggle. That means one of her characters will go insane. You don't get a token for that, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dr oosp
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you both for your help ..that does clear it up for us, btw sorry for the long ramble of a question kind of new here .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
The order of the struggles is very important. The cards that allow one to reorder struggles, and change icons are very powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.