Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Huntington
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have played this a couple of times with my dad and have worked out a really fun way to play this with 2 players.

One person is the King Of The Thieves, the other is the lone adventurer. You do not need the corridor order board, the genie tokens or the curse tokens. You only need 6 Jewel tokens:

1 single gold coin
1 double gold coin
1 carafe
1 dagger
1 emerald
1 necklace.

These are placed face down in front of the screen.

The lone adventurer gets all 12 lamps.

The adventurer's must acquire all 6 treasures and escape the maze before running out of lamps. The adventurer may not leave the maze before doing so. The King of the Thieves wins if the adventurer does not complete his goal.

The game progresses normally, with the Adventurer giving directions and the King of the Thieves indicating when a treasure is in front of a player, changing view boards and so on, but with the following differences:

When the Adventurer finds a chest (small or large) he receives the token from the King of Thieves and may flip over any one jewel in front of him. These give special abilities:

Carafe: You may use the carafe if you have it as an extra lamp to get out (only if you have run out of all other lamps)
Dagger: If you have the dagger, you cannot be robbed if you move into the King Of Thieves (or if a Bandit is drawn). The King Of Thieves can still steal from you if he moves into you, however.
Emerald: You may ask how many spaces you are from the Large Chest. (every turn)
Necklace: You may ask how many spaces you are from the nearest Exit. (every turn)
Two Coins: The King of Thieves must also tell you when you are next to a chest (not through a wall).
One Coin: You may ask how many spaces you are from the King Of Thieves. (every turn)

Events must be immediately be activated when flipped. If an event token has movement on it, the movement option must be taken (This simplifies things a bit).
If a Bandit is encountered, he immediately takes a LAMP and discards it.
If a Scheherazade is encountered, the order of the jewel tokens is mixed up.
If the Merchant is discovered, the Adventurer may flip a face down token face up, and a face up token face down.

If the King of the Thieves runs into the adventurer (or vice versa) he takes back a single treasure (the Large one if possible) and rolls the die. He may place the treasure anywhere in that column corresponding to the dice roll. He also chooses one treasure to flip back over. If the adventurer has no treasure, he steals a lamp. The King of Thieves then places his token back outside the labyrinth as usual, on the entrance furthest from the Adventurer's current position.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan J
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered this game yesterday.

I have printed out your ideas, so my fiancé and I can try it out before we take it to a games night.

Also, it's fun to be able to pull out a game made for 3 or more and play it, just the two of us.

I love creativity like this! meeplemeeplemeeple

Thank you so much!

SueKuKu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.