Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan F.
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just to clarify, when your last character dies and you spawn a new hero, is he/she allowed to take an additional hero turn with the new character? (assuming the last character died during the heros' turn)

The flip side would be on the zombie turn, when a last character dies and becomes a zombie hero can it be added to the number of attacking zombies and fight zombies or does it have to wait till the next turn to be considered in that group? (maybe because it takes time to transform)

One scenario was that the group of heroes were standing on the truck about to gas but had to fight a whole bunch of zombies. The Father goes first and dies trying to fend the zombies off. It was the players last character so he spawns a new character, the drifter. And because he didn't have a starting location, he spawns right on top of the truck and draws a card. The card is the fire extinguisher. Since there isn't a fight yet, he uses it right away and pushes all the zombies off the truck. The other heroes have gas and keys, they spend their hero turn to gas and win the game. Such a ridiculous win since it was the last turn of the game.

The zombie scenario: A group of 5 zombies attack 2 heroes, one takes on 3 the other takes on 2. The first guy dies after fighting one zombie and becomes a zombie hero. Does the second hero have to fight the other 4 zombies plus the new zombie hero?

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Your new hero is allowed to take a turn.

However in your scenario the drifter wouldn't spawn in the center of the board. The rule about no starting location only applies during set up. Any hero spawning during the game would roll for a random location. Even if their starting location was on the board. They do however get to draw one starting card. (+ any other starting cards per the scenario rules)

As far as the new zombie hero getting a turn I would say no. But I don't remember the rules saying one way or the other. He would however be able to fight during the hero's turn. But it has never come up in any of our games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes spawned on the Zombies' turn do NOT fight zombies.

Heroes spawned on the Heroes' turn DO get to take a turn, so you could have more than 4 heroes take turns on the Hero turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Streuner
United States
Concord
North Carolina
flag msg tools
"Cambot! Gypsy! Tom Servo! Crooooow!"
badge
“Look at me! I’m dancin’! I’m dancin’!” (Claptrap)
mbmbmbmbmb
madmanw wrote:
However in your scenario the drifter wouldn't spawn in the center of the board. The rule about no starting location only applies during set up. Any hero spawning during the game would roll for a random location. Even if their starting location was on the board. They do however get to draw one starting card. (+ any other starting cards per the scenario rules)

"the Hero may either start in a Random Building, or they may start in the Center of Town . . . . If the Hero starts in the Center of Town (or Manor House) they get to draw a bonus free Hero Card to start with." (Last Night on Earth Rulebook, pg. 19)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:
Heroes spawned on the Zombies' turn do NOT fight zombies.

Heroes spawned on the Heroes' turn DO get to take a turn, so you could have more than 4 heroes take turns on the Hero turn.

This is correct.

Per designer Jason Hill, newly placed Heroes and Zombie Heroes do not participate in the current phase.

New heroes still get their turn (because it's a different phase form the one where their predecessor died), but are not involved in any fights if they appear during the Zombie turn (because all fights during the Zombie turn are considered the same phase).

Likewise, new Zombie Heroes would not fight at all if placed during the zombie turn. If they appear during the hero turn, the next Hero's individual turn would be a different phase, so the new Zombie Hero can fight if another hero ends a move in their space.

Also, to answer your other question, on the hero turn, zombies are divided among the heroes first and DO NOT FIGHT another hero if their original target dies before fighting them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, we've been playing it wrong! Nice to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ghostbusters
United States
Horsham
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Rubric wrote:
Also, to answer your other question, on the hero turn, zombies are divided among the heroes first and DO NOT FIGHT another hero if their original target dies before fighting them all.

This is actually one thing that is commonly misplayed, so it is good to bring this up.

For example, say there are two heroes on the same space and four zombies show up. Each hero now fights two zombies. Say, the first hero dies on the first fight. There is now one remaining zombie who was supposed to fight him/her. This zombie does NOT then fight the other hero. This fight merely does not take place.

Thematically, the explanation for this is that a zombie is not going to pass up an easy meal to go after another living human. The hero he was about to fight is already dead, so he is going to have himself a snack. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken H is a genius.thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
Ken H is a genius.thumbsup

LOL....

Yeah, I sit around with Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking playing LNOE every weekend. Sometimes former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan joins us too (don't blame me -- I didn't invite him). It's usually fun until Einstein goes on one of his rants: "If Billy is on a train going the speed of light, and he adds one to his movement roll, he is still only going the speed of light!" Greenspan is all "wtf", and Steve and I just have to roll our eyes. Good times....

Rubric wrote:
Also, to answer your other question, on the hero turn, zombies are divided among the heroes first

*ahem*

Of course, I meant on the Zombie turn. Zombies are never divided up during the hero turn. Stupid geniuses....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.