Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Wißner
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the title says it all.
Are some of them more suited for beginners?
Thanks for any input!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I find that the Fire Dragons are a good point of introduction, and usually set up either them or Necromancers when I'm looking to demo the game for people.
And if people say the game's too easy, I show them a game vs the Glacien or Storm Lords.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wißner
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
That's really good advice, I was actually planning to use the Storm Lords in our first game... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clwe
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
I did...and the two of us got beaten down pretty quick cry. Around four to five monsters in, the big bad 'boss' monster appears and carelessly blows up the world (i.e. 'lose the game' ability) as it moves to position 3. The worst part? We knew we were doomed at the end of our previous turn, as the child was killed by a hunt a little while ago shake.

Definitely some bad luck in the draws there (besides our incompetence), but either way, I think we'll try Karashi's suggestion and take on the dragons next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
How do you decide which 8 cards to use?

Finally got my hands on a copy and want to have a good first game. There are 5 of us.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.