Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I usually play games only with my wife, so every game i buy must be a good 2P game.
I think what's missing in our collection are a bit more conflict,screw-you games, as she likes these type of game. I think she will not like Memoir '44 or any other wargames. So recommendations are nedded for good 2P (can suport more players as i can sometimes get more people to play) with the scew-you factor with low or none luck and if possible no wargames.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Ceccarelli
Italy
Cesena
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think Dungeon Petz is a very good title for 2 or more people.
But I can also suggest you Stone Age and Caylus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Troyes has to be one of the most ruthless designs among Euros. And for a game that is driven mostly by dice, it has very little luck at all.

Caylus has little to no luck, but is highly conflictive for a Euro as well.

Metropolys is one of my wife's favorites. It's highly interactive with the spacial bidding mechanic it uses. There's a good amount of bluffing created by the secret scoring cards too. With two players, it becomes incredibly tense as you both have more control over the board.

Battle Line is a must have, IMO. It's very tense and plays quickly. It's also very cheap, so you can throw it on to an order without causing much damage. Dollar vs. playtime, no game has been more affordable to us than Battle Line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dugas
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Babel is a 2-player card game with a lot of back and forth screwage. It's like someone took Lost Cities and said "You know what this game needs? A threat of divorce!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Cano
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're looking for Polis: Fight for the Hegemony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The best two player "Screw you" game I own is Innovation. It looks boring and it's a card game but make no mistake: there is a lot of action and excitement within. The game might seem very luck based but you'll see as you play it that there's plenty of risk management to be had and ways to play out.

For a wargame that's not about war, look at 1960: The Making of the President. You are campaigning against your opponent to be president of the US.... how can that not have conflict?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Thernström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dont know if it fits perfectly for what you are looking for but summoner wars is great, and can work with 3 and 4 players as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A.H. van de Laak
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biblios
Rivals for Catan
Coloretto
Kingdoms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas Taliadoros
Cyprus
Nicosia
Strovolos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
.For a wargame that's not about war, look at 1960: The Making of the President. You are campaigning against your opponent to be president of the US.... how can that not have conflict?

+1

Probably my favourite 2player game at the moment. Almost perfectly balanced (theme, accessibility, length, replayability). Great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witek Wasilewski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mbmbmbmbmb
Citadels and Merchants & Marauders

Also: Twilight Struggle, although that one could be seen as a wargame - what makes a difference are event cards - they are what made my wife interested with this title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi me and my girlfriend play Conflict of Heroes. It is easy to learn and you play scenarios step by step and learn the rules as you go. Perfect for a couple imo.

EDIT: Sorry i totally misread your first post, NOT wargames... hmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Reid
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska (NE)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Innovation We loved this, but had to put it away for a while due to the conflict. It is one of our most played games. Great game!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hellas, Mr. Jack, Balloon Cup, Dungeon Twister are just a few off the top of my head that are worth looking at.

Oh, Hellas looks like a wargame, but it isn't. It's all about area control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meepleonboard
United Kingdom
Somerset/London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basilica is definitely worth a look if you can find a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Double Agent
Hemloch
Innovation
Omen: A Reign of War
Troyes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is my primary gaming partner. Here's our favorites:

1. Grand Cru
2. Caylus
3. Dominant Speicies
4. Vinhos

All play GREAT with 2-player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:

Those.

And The Battle for Hill 218
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.