Hide
5 Posts

Wilderness War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Settlement question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If drilled troops enter an unoccupied enemy settlement, is it eliminated and the Indians of that settlement also destroyed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff curtis
United States
west allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
I combed the rules and it says nothing about eliminating the indians or destroying the settlement. The drilled troops would have no effect and simply be occupying the space unless enemy units are present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff curtis
United States
west allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Ill also add that if an indian settlement is successfully raided, all indian units from that settlement on the board are eliminated (10.31)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See this question and the designer's response (two posts below) on Consimworld. There's also a much older response from 2001.

So simply moving drilled troops through the settlement does nothing, but if they stop there, their presence eliminates Indians trying to return home in winter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff curtis
United States
west allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
this is a fascinating question about this game. i would say that the enemy (indian troops) would be eliminated if they were forced to go home and there settelment was occupied by ANY ENEMY FORCRES at the end of the late season. This only makes sence even though the rules are not specific about it. I would have to use the rule wich states (10.411) If its settlement is occupied by the enemy, the Raiding unit is eliminated. so, since they are returning home after a raid i can see little difference in them returning home at the end of the late season.This would just make sence and is not deffinetly varified by the rules due to the fact that there are distinct differences between returning home after a raid and returning home after the late season. however, common sense would sat that if a bunch of indians came back to a bunch of troops occupying thier settlement they would probably disband and try to blend back in. this would make them useless as a fighting force therefore one should remove the units. whoooo! that was a long argument! anyone have anything better plz post it. this is a clear ambiguity in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.