Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

I have finally finished the Example of Play for the Second Edition.

I am not very happy with the layout but what worked well in one browser just messed up another one. So this will do for now:

http://www.warofthering.eu/example2.htm

Hopefully this can help newcomers get a feeling of how the game is played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really great. Just in time.
Thanks a lot for the effort.

¿Any option of a printer-friendly version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Poulter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks really nice Veldrin.

One comment though, in the battle for Helm's deep at the end it is stated:
The attack on Helm's Deep advances Rohan's Political Marker one step on the Political Track, then as the Shadow conquors it it advances another step; reaching the "At War" box.

This would normally be true, but Rohan was already at war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
GamesJart wrote:
That looks really nice Veldrin.

One comment though, in the battle for Helm's deep at the end it is stated:
The attack on Helm's Deep advances Rohan's Political Marker one step on the Political Track, then as the Shadow conquors it it advances another step; reaching the "At War" box.

This would normally be true, but Rohan was already at war.

Good catch, it has been corrected!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
General Sherman says have a great day!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great example of play! I'm brand new to this game, so I'm sure I'm missing something here.

When Saruman's army attacks/takes the Fords of Isen, Rohan activates and moves forward one space towards "at war." Then, when the same army moves forward to place Helm's Deep under siege, the Rohan political marker would move ahead again. In your example, you say that this move would make Rohan "at war," but they still wouldn't be, since they've only advanced two spaces on the political track, correct? Once Helm's Deep is taken, THEN they would be "at war."

At least this is what I'm seeing. I'm a novice at this game so I'm just trying to make sure everything's clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steva fields
United States
vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Will of the West action die was turned into a muster die and used before the attack at the fords to advance the Rohan one step on the political track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
General Sherman says have a great day!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah now I see it - thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reeves
Canada
York
Ontario
flag msg tools
You show Free People's player drawing "There and Back again" as his last replacement card on turn 1 and his first draw card on turn 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
iamcrazyjoe wrote:
You show Free People's player drawing "There and Back again" as his last replacement card on turn 1 and his first draw card on turn 2.

Thank you!

It should have been "We Prove the Swifter", and it has been updated in the example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.