Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xavier Vargas
United States
Farmers Branch
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, some are having trouble understanding the 'shot token' thing, well I'm here to help!

This is easy to figure out if you've played MAGIC: THE GATHERING. Basically, the card is creating more cards for you to use.

So let me elaborate. Everytime you use 'The Collective' card, you will place a token (which can be a coin, or a peanut or whatever you want to use as a marker) in your play area. That token is now a card with a 'LOB' shot type and a +2↓ 0↑(this is how it would look untapped on a card) bonus.

The only thing that's unclear is if the token requires stamina to use or not. If the bonus is the normal or the advantage or both. If the token is single use or not. But as it stands, it doesn't require stamina to use, the bonus is both, and they can be used multiple times.

Now, all of what I've said could all be wrong, but this is my understanding of the card. Some of my cards in Magic say to place a token into play to represent a 2/2 monster. So, if I am wrong, please let of know. Feed back is always good and I'll fix thing in this post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Unger
United States
Weston
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agree with all of the above. Just wanted to add, that if they are cards for all intensive purposes (tapping and what not) then they can be recycled for additional cards. It helps explain the massive cost of the cards in question, not to mention the obvious synergy with Alpha Strike and some of the Sacrifice shots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Vargas
United States
Farmers Branch
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mzum wrote:
Agree with all of the above. Just wanted to add, that if they are cards for all intensive purposes (tapping and what not) then they can be recycled for additional cards. It helps explain the massive cost of the cards in question, not to mention the obvious synergy with Alpha Strike and some of the Sacrifice shots.

yes, agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bowler
msg tools
Everything is correct except that a token is zero cost and one time use. If you use it for a Hit (requiring taps), it must be discarded, but if it is being used for synergy (Lord of the Lob), it is only being counted and can stay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
olanmills
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since it's possible to have multiple kinds of shot tokens in play at once, does anyone have a good way of keeping track of what a token represents?

My best idea is to just leave the token on top of the card that generated it, but of course, if you need to discard the card, then that's not going to work very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
I write out the stats of the shot token on a sticky note and use hash marks to denote how many of that shot token I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls