5 Posts

War for Edaðh» Forums » Rules

Subject: Beginner questions - horrible rulebook(s) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Streicher
msg tools
mbmb
I just worked 2 times through the rulebooks but they are so horrible, i really hope for some help of experienced war of edadh players.

1. Battle Tactics - The only reference in the rulebook i found is "brought into play as >tactic conflict cards< but i could not find >tactic conflict cards< even if there are a lot of conflict cards at the end of the warrior rulebook.

2. Can flipped cards provide combination boni like formations? Example: I use Archers in R2 because of their rate of fire. I cant use their combination boni in the round i select them instead of the first round unit but do they provide the boni in the next duration?

3. How can i "predict" what my opponent will lay. I could understand it, if the cards would stay there for the whole duration as in the solo game.

4. Army movement: "You cant move through a terrain if an opponent has 0 or 1 units there". Can there be 2 units there at a time? Can i move there if the opponent has 2 units there? I could think in the skirmish mode when each troop is equal to a unit this could happen.

5. Do i lose when my mp gets below under the dmg counter also in the advanced game? In the advanced rules there are exactly 3 win conditions and this one of the apprentice game isnt in it.

6. Is it true i never can have a stratagem in duration 1 chosen?
New Rulebook wrote:
Stratagems – Before the first round of a game is played, each player can select
Stratagem Cards per step 7 of the 'End of Duration' rules (see pg. 21-22).

7. On warriorelite there are some different game modes, is any one of those better recommended than the Best of 3 mode with ranges, terran, stratagems, etc?

8. Why are there so many symbols without any rules to them? (hide,semi-hide,partial hide, and on and on and on)

9. Why is the "red" flag not red at all? I do not think i am color blind

10. What does the "combat master ML" on top of the card do? There is a secon ML which limits the strategem costs picked if and only if i have got not battle master.

11. Am i able to switch units between ranks?

12. The numbers of the turn sequence the rules refer to seem totally wrong and strange. When do i really calculate the dmg made through the CB value of the units?

13. Do both sides have to chose troops from the same column (like in the solo variant)

14. Is the mastery level of troops only used for the guard rules? I could not find any other rule.

15. Combined units only add their attack value and nothing else and i only can combine units when having more columns than my opponent?

A lot of more questions will follow in this thread as i am currently playing some solo games to get a grasp of the advanced rules.

Thanks to everyone providing answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Roy
United States
Montclair
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't think the publishers support this game anymore, so you may find it very difficult to obtain answers to your many questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Williams
United States
Tonganoxie
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, unfortunately ordered this game about a year ago. You are not alone in trying to decipher the rule book.

After reading through the rule book(s) several times, I put the game back in the box. I have yet to look at the game again.

The guys who published this game seemed to have been the only ones who understand it. It read like a great game in all the reviews I saw.

However, unfortunately, to me, it is a piece of junk, in my humble opinion.

Someday this game will make great kindling during a very cold winter night!

Lyle Williams
Trixie1129

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Streicher
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah the last posts i found [on their site] where from last year (beginning). Pity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rhyan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey NoxMortom,

I used to play this game more than I probably should have. I like it, but yes, the rulebook is quite possibly the worst ever written.
I haven't played in a long time, and since your post is almost a year old I don't want to try to remember all these things if you're not longer interested. If you are interested, let me know and I'll see about getting you answers.

-Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.