Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive many ideas of how to use dungeon command this was my simplest idea,

I used the outdoor tiles, pre-set out i thought this would be like the close the caverns LoD quest Siege of Darkness
I set up 4 LoD hero Drizzit,Brungor, Wulfgar, Cattie
by the castle,

Quest idea protect the village from a drow attack
survive all the monster or close the entry gate
and protect the chest, if the monster managed to trigger each chest i'd lose

I kept a cavern stack near by, each hero turn i'd flip a tile to see if it was black or white and triggered a encounter,

pretty much used all normal rules, the only extra thing i added was a hero must have an enemy at all times, if you don't have one at the start of your turn draw one after you've finished your move

if i got a volcanic event encounter i'd just ignore it and call it a safe round.

I only used the new monsters from drzzit and cormyr minus the copper dragon,

it played ok! it felt like an oncoming siege!
Oh i lost! i also played with out healing surges, i just wanted to test survive ability

I slaughtered through 10 of 13 monsters!
oh also for stats the standard map is 8 tiles long going from diagonal to diagonal which can be equivalent of a normal random tile adventure-ish

Drizzit fell 1st as my vanguard he tried to retreat but the shadow mastiff came on side as the next monster then the umber hulk tunneled though to finish him off!

the spiders where fodder that let the other more tricky creatures survie

my downfall was still the encounters combined with an early draw of the drow priestess

the drow priestess if she does not attack forces the active hero to draw an encounter , regardless of if i drew a with tile and as a double whammy if i drew black!

and with her being 8 tiles away with X monster between her and us,

the other interesting moments were the earth elemental trying to get treasures, with his tunnel ignore walls power he was effective so there was not just one choke point,

one odd play at the start was an encounter power witch revealed wulfgar to be a drider in disguise! ya think i would notice the extra legs!

I also had the luck of drawing the familiar voice and drew a war wizard ally to boost my heros to 5!

the Mark Of Loth encounter was probably my undoing, i also forgot about cancelling encounters with xp! soi feel i could have swung it in hind sight 27 Xp unspent!

there are 2 teleporting Monster the wizard and the Mastiff
2 tunneling Umber hulk and elemental

of the monsters i killed 7 do 2 damage!
5 do damage on a miss

i'd also like to say I was using the dice and getting very poor rolls!
both for heros and monster! worse for the monsters if memory serves

any way i lost my final stand had Wulfgar outside the drow entrance gate, through the luck of falling though a gap! he was done and the drow priestess a giant spider bearing down on him, and a drow guard

Even Super AC brunor was taken out by the encounter deck and the on miss damage

thats my 1st impress of of a custom D&D system adventure with the new monsters and allies from both dungeon command sets
using dungeon command tiles

forgive my editing and grammer im on a tiny lap pc..

I probably didnt play the hero as optimaly as i could have, i felt pushed but i dont often play 4 heros either it wasnt hard it was not long,
I felt a bit like my other fav game death angel seeing my hero go down so close to the end!

ive tweeks and mods in mind for rules next time..
End communication

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, interesting idea for an adventure scenario! Some questions:

1. Where do the monsters spawn from on the outdoor tileset?

2. How would the monsters move towards the chests since they are following their AI?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes tricky deciding where to put the session, its cards minis from dungeon command , and an attempt to mash up the 2 games with a mini quest,

I've both sets so with both sets you get 2 start tiles
as dice tower said:-
hero start tile is a tower gate,
Drow side is a cave entrance

the map is a 4 tile by 6 tile rectangle (get from bottom left to top right)

as for the get the chests, thats the 1/2 baked idea bit, treat a chest as a hero basically for monster movement move towards closest chest or closest hero if both equal move to wards chest but i need to work out which is more important to the monsters a hero kill or getting a chest,

I played they just have to move on to a chest but i'm also toying with placing the chest markers as they have numbers the monsters need to score total 9.. I think it brakes down 3, 3,2 ,2,1,1 ? need to check that so i might make the heros rush to intercept a far out chest, and give you a tense moment of hoping its 1,

could even have the heros collect and return but give them 1/2 move on carrying chest back? or monsters collect and return imagine a drow grabbing a chest then legging off while an umber hulk moves to block you..

also i had a moment the earth ele could either kill Wulgar or go for a chest, i played he went for a attack, as i dint use the chest score system, but with the chest score system i might have gone for the chest instead, and wulfgar might have used his keep away throw power!

still a growing idea,

the encounters brought on more monsters so heros would often have 2 monsters and the the Drider and priestess move after activation,
I forgot or it didn't come up the duel activation if a spider or drow guard the only duplicate monsters activate they all activate..
shall i add more minion monsters to increase the duplications, 2 drider, 4 spiders, 4 duelists, 2 wizards..that might brake up/space out the more powerful monsters

if you drew a trap I'd just theme the trap as an advanced Drow scout set it up or it was a warping drow wizard type trap,
one trap was a treat this tile as a lava vent tile, to me that's the drow priestess casting an powerful earth move to make a mini volcano erupt! that trap was another one that contributed to my downfall!

i toyed with 1 monster at a time and time its hit point
e.g one a 1 hit point monster appears wait 1 turn before placing another monster, if its 2 hit point wait 2 turns before placing another..etc..

also siege of darkness brings in a Villian 1/2 way though, should i attempt a villian in this quest, with Healing surges it might be viable
custom villans based on the commander cards?

hopefully playing Dungeon command proper tonight, but i'll keep trying Adventure system games too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
To be clear, this is an adventure system related thing you are talking about?

Yup, it is.

Milarky wrote:
Yes tricky deciding where to put the session, its cards minis from dungeon command , and an attempt to mash up the 2 games with a mini quest.

Since you're using the core rules from the adventure system, I think it would be best to post future sessions under Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game. There are enough confused people in the Dungeon Command forums. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.