Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Notice, if you will, that the first quest allows one open group, and cave monsters, the Shadow Dragon being a cave monster, that means in Fat Goblin encounter 2, SHADOW DRAGONS! wow

Kinda ruins the whole reveal of dragons later on... Splig wouldn't have dragons I don't think... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
You can, but wouldn't zombies or ettins be a better choice strategically to combo with the cave spiders? Immobilize, then move the spiders nearby to drain fatigue, or use the ettin to throw the heroes back so they're weaker before reaching Splig?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Splig doesn't have a dragon, the Overlord has one. He's a ruthless bastard. cool

The dragon is good for stopping a smaller group of heroes in place, buying time for Splig while he does some torturing.

The ettin is a good choice for a lot of heroes, since you'll have the red one with the throwing arm.

Man I love this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanwinter wrote:
The dragon is good for stopping a smaller group of heroes in place, buying time for Splig while he does some torturing.

This is exactly how I used him. He blocked that first doorway and softened the heroes up quite a bit. By the time they killed him, Splig had found Frederick and he and his goblin buddies were perched outside the caves waiting to make their run. When the dragon fell, the heroes were so beat up that the cave spiders were able to knock them all out on the same turn and then Splig made a mad dash for the exit. Easy peasy japanesey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSumOne wrote:
Notice, if you will, that the first quest allows one open group, and cave monsters, the Shadow Dragon being a cave monster, that means in Fat Goblin encounter 2, SHADOW DRAGONS! wow

Kinda ruins the whole reveal of dragons later on... Splig wouldn't have dragons I don't think... shake

Well, I haven't read the questbook (I guess in Germany we have to wait a little longer), but I kinda agree with you.
I guess when I OL a campaign I'm going to choose my monsters a bit more thematically. The Ettins were already introduced in First Blood (even working hand in hand with goblins). So I think they would fit perfectly.
I guess I have to stop thinking like a GM and start being a ruthless bastard OL .

But if a friend of min would OL I wouldn't go so far as to forbid him to use the shadowdragon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I read, I guess there is a slight mistake here.

There isn't 'First quest' or 'Second quest' (well, once 'first blood' is done.)
The winner of the previous encounter choose which one to do next, so the 'fat goblin' can be the second or the third quest ... or it won't happen at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Hankroyd wrote:
From what I read, I guess there is a slight mistake here.

There isn't 'First quest' or 'Second quest' (well, once 'first blood' is done.)
The winner of the previous encounter choose which one to do next, so the 'fat goblin' can be the second or the third quest ... or it won't happen at all.

I think we keep calling it 'the first quest' because it's the first on the campaign sheet (after first blood) and (though I don't have the quest book to confirm that) the first quest in the quest book... again after first blood.
In my case it's not a misunderstanding of the campaign rules but just an easy way to talk about the quests...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.