Ghost Stories: White Moon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing a Buddha Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
My understanding of the (poorly written) rules is that a Buddha can be placed on your next turn but only on an empty ghost space that your own Toaist is facing. If that interpretation is correct, then:
What happens on your next turn if your Taoist is not facing an empty Ghost space (it's either on the center tile or facing a ghost)? Do you put the Buddha back on its tile? Do you keep it until your following turn and then place it?

If my understanding of the rules is incorrect, can you elighten me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MavL
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules actually don't say "on your next turn", they say this (emphasis mine):
Quote:
Take a Buddha figurine, and place it during a next turn on an
empty ghost space facing your Taoist.

You can place the Buddha on any next turn. So you keep it until you have a chance to place it in front of your Taoist.

(edited for clarity)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peutcheubeu wrote:
The rules actually don't say "on your next turn", they say this (emphasis mine):
Quote:
Take a Buddha figurine, and place it during a next turn on an
empty ghost space facing your Taoist.

You can place the Buddha on any next turn. So you keep it until you have a chance to place it in front of your Taoist.

(edited for clarity)

That's just what is written on the Village Tiles Play Aid. In the Rules book, p. 6, it reads:

Quote:
A player who obtained a Buddha figurine during a previous turn (via the Buddhist Temple village tile) may place it at the end of his turn, if his Taoist faces an empty ghost space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.