GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,744 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Mage Wars Arena» Forums » General

Subject: Question about seperate spellbooks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
like many others i am slightly disapointed that the game is comming with 4 mages and only 2 spell books. perhaps they should have considered selling it as 2 even cheaper sets with 2 mages each, 2 spellbooks etc. this would have kept it in line with the expansions as well.

that brings another question to mind, will the expansion mages come with a spellbook? or just the cards.

anyways sorry for rambling but my main question was when the seperate spellbooks become available will these also be generic spellbooks like the core set, or will they be themed to each mage.

personaly i would love to see a spellbook for each mage, perhaps with the name of the mage on the spine, so i could read the names from a bookshelf. that way i could have one of each mage built and ready to go and when i wanted to play i could just grab the one i wanted. or if i wanted to teach someone the game i could grab one of them for the new player so a whole book wouldnt have to be created.

if there are no plans to do this i sure hope someone does it after market, as i would love to see this. any other thoughts/ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion mages will definitely come with 2 spellbooks along with new spells, components, etc.

I'll let Patrick or Bryan answer your other questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hughes
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe they included only two spell books in the first set in order to keep the price down and reach a broader audience. The price is much lower than it was and many more people can afford it with the current price. I know that Arcane Wonders will be releasing additional support products, like the spell tomes (extra spells) that will be coming out with the game. I can't imaging that extra spell books will be too far behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i was hopeing that each mage would have a unique spellbook. with 2 binders for the 4 mages in the starter box, the only way to have that is if they released 4 different spellbooks (1 for each mage) later and also had unique spellbooks for each of the expansion mages. something that defines the mage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.