Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Arlington

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So after deciding my game for the 2012 Solitaire PnP contest was complete, I wanted to have a copy or two printed from one of the PoD services available online. There was recently a thread about who was best: Artscow or Printerstudio. Printerstudio seemed to be the favorite so I went there.

While trying to upload my pictures I continually received "Error #2038". My images were the correct size and DPI according to their guidelines. I even tried changing the size several times. I could find know FAQ or Error message guide, so I have no idea what 2038 means. Before I e-mail the website, is there anyone who has had this happen before?

Anyway, frustrated, I moved onto Artscow. I was able to upload my images here, but it looked like my bleed border was woefully small. Can someone tell me what sizes they normally use for the bleed? My card images were 6.6cm x 9.15cm with a 0.25cm border on each edge.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Catron
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about the bleed size needed for artscow, but other good POD options are the gamecrafter and superiorpod. The gamecrafter has a very easy to use interface and good customer service. Both have good print quality. Worth a look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used this image as a template for ArtsCow decks I have ordered in the past. I assume that they haven't changes their specs and it still works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
mbmbmbmbmb
Never heard of Printerstudio.

I've used ArtsCow and heard good things about SuperiorPOD and Print and Play Productions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rogers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Those bleed settings are awfully small. What format did you save the image? What color mode (CMYK or RGB)? Did you have an embedded profile?

Does the image work with any of the other companies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zedturtle wrote:
Those bleed settings are awfully small. What format did you save the image? What color mode (CMYK or RGB)? Did you have an embedded profile?

Nothing fancy. I have uploaded both JPG and PNG files, RGB format with no embedded profile.

I have never used any other company as I have had excellent results with ArtsCow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rogers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Quote:
Nothing fancy. I have uploaded both JPG and PNG files, RGB format with no embedded profile.

Sorry for confusion, but I should have quoted OP in my post, still good guides for him to go by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Arlington

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the responses!

drktron wrote:
I'm not sure about the bleed size needed for artscow, but other good POD options are the gamecrafter and superiorpod. The gamecrafter has a very easy to use interface and good customer service. Both have good print quality. Worth a look.

I'll have to take a look at those also. Does Gamecrafter mind if you use them as a personal PoD service if you don't plan on putting your game up for sale on the site?

sanchezja wrote:
I have used this image as a template for ArtsCow decks I have ordered in the past. I assume that they haven't changes their specs and it still works.

Awesome! I will try this out to layout my cards.

Quote:

-Yeah, I should have done more research about what are good bleed settings. Instead I knew I needed them, but I just kind of guessed at home much I needed.
-The images are saved as PNG's right now, but I made them in nanDECK so they can be exported out in other formats.
-I would assume it is RGB? Whatever is the default export for nanDECK. Would saving them out in CMYK possibly help?
-No embedded profile that I know of.
-Haven't tried it any place other than those two sites I listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rogers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
If you like, send me a sample to matthew (at) m r w g a m e s (dot) c o m

At one shop, troubleshooting bad files was my job, every day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Catron
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You have the option to "publish" your game on the gamecrafter or not. I use them mostly for finished prototypes without publishing. Another nice feature is that you can refer people directly to your game's page whether its published or not. You can also set whether its purchasable or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Arlington

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
zedturtle wrote:
If you like, send me a sample to matthew (at) m r w g a m e s (dot) c o m

At one shop, troubleshooting bad files was my job, every day.

I just sent the picture. Thanks for taking a look!

In the meantime, perhaps I will try fiddling with some of the settings you mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Arlington

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I figured out what the problem was. Somehow my internet proxy settings had gotten mangled. This caused any file I attempted to not load on printerstudio.com.

Thanks for the help everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.