DungeonQuest (third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: So close to winning this time ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just got finished with a game of Dungeonquest and we all made it to the treasure room!! We're gonna make it right?? WRONG!!

My oldest ran into a dead end and decided to backtrack for the catacombs. He came up in the treasure room (I think that's okay right?). I made it ther the next turn and we both quickly grabbed some loot for two turns (the dragon slept).

I had to take another route because I had found the rotating room leaving me with a dead end or wrap around a bit ...

My oldest had a friend spend the night and he made it to the treasure room too (even grabbed the ruby worth $3000!!!). That's when it all went to ...

I used some of his rooms to try to backtrack and open a portcullis, but my oldest boy drew the wizard card to make corridors rotate, sealing our path. We had to find another way ...

My path led to the bottomless pit, falling to my death ...
The friend spending the night found the swinging blade and was killed also ...

My oldest boy made an attempt and even got close to the end before time was running out (even drew a secret door to move even closer), on the time tracker we made it to the 1-3 for the doors to close and then he was one square away!! Next turn he's out!! We rolled a 2 ... the door slammed shut, no Indiana Jones grabbing his hat, game over ...

defeated again, but all of us cheering and laughing
so much fun!

That boy immediately wanted to play again, but a little late at night, maybe tomorrow.
He's been able to play some fantastic games with us
Forbidden Island, Memoir 44, and now Dungeonquest
We almost played RoboRally or King of Tokyo
I want to teach him Smallworld and Tsuro as well

I think I know what we'll get him for his birthday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.