Popular Tags: [View All]
Aneillio Lorenzini
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked briefly through the forums and couldn't find exact answers to these.

1. Regarding the Ambush card: If unit X moves in to attack unit A1 at close range (adjacent hexes), but is also adjacent to unit A2, does Ambush allow both A1 and A2 to attack X before X attacks?

2. If city or forest terrain is adjacent to like tiles (as in the cities from the second scenario) are they still considered separately? Is a unit that begins in a city space and moves to an adjacent city space prevented from attacking/continuing to move? Same with forests?

I hope those made sense. thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seditious wrote:

1. Regarding the Ambush card: If unit X moves in to attack unit A1 at close range (adjacent hexes), but is also adjacent to unit A2, does Ambush allow both A1 and A2 to attack X before X attacks?

2. If city or forest terrain is adjacent to like tiles (as in the cities from the second scenario) are they still considered separately? Is a unit that begins in a city space and moves to an adjacent city space prevented from attacking/continuing to move? Same with forests?

1. No. Only the unit being attacked can use the Ambush card. You play the ambush card after the attacking unit declares what unit it's attacking and before the attacker rolls dice. If the attacker survives and isn't forced to retreat, the he attacks as normal.

2. Continuous terrain is not considered linked in regards to movement/battle. So if you moved from one forest/city to an adjacent forest/city tile all movement restrictions and combat reductions would apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
seditious wrote:

No. You declare that you would like to attack unit A1, then you give your opponent 5 seconds before you roll the dice, so he can decide if he wants to ambush you, or save the card for later. He cannot ambush with unit A2, as you have not declared that you will attack that unit.

Quote:

Yes the moved into a city hex, and thuc cannot attack or move further this turn.

Quote:

Perfect sence. You are welcome.

Edit: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aneillio Lorenzini
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Further clarification on #1...

Does that mean that Ambush allows me to strike with only one unit even if multiple units that I control are under attack?

(edit: clarity)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seditious wrote:

Does that mean that Ambush allows me to strike with only one unit even if multiple units that I control are under attack?

What situation allows your opponent to use one of his units to attack more than one of your units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seditious wrote:

You don't declare all attacks and then resolve them. The attacker can choose one attack, declare it, roll for it, advance, etc. Then think about another attack. Attacks are done one at a time, and declared one at a time. The other player cannot attack more than one of your units with one of his units. If he has the possibility of doing further attacks with other units you won't know about them until this attack is finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:

You declare that you would like to attack unit A1, then you give your opponent 5 seconds before you roll the dice, so he can decide if he wants to ambush you, or save the card for later.

5 seconds, really? You're really that precise about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
l-hansen wrote:

You declare that you would like to attack unit A1, then you give your opponent 5 seconds before you roll the dice, so he can decide if he wants to ambush you, or save the card for later.

5 seconds, really? You're really that precise about it?

Wow, that doesn't even give me time to take a snack from the dish or take a swig of my drink!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aneillio Lorenzini
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had been playing the Ambush card directly after an opponent completed the move phase of their turn, but before any battles were rolled. This allowed all of my units in close range to attack.

As I understand it now from what y'all are saying I have to wait until my opponent declares a specific unit of his to attack a specific unit of mine. Then I play Ambush which only enables that one specific unit of mine to attach that one specific unit of his.

Somehow Ambush seems somewhat less awesome now (at least when it is in my hand).

I think I got it now. Thanks everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
earache wrote:
2. Continuous terrain is not considered linked in regards to movement/battle. So if you moved from one forest/city to an adjacent forest/city tile all movement restrictions and combat reductions would apply.

Isn't continuous hill terrain considered one big hill? So, you don't roll one less die if you and the enemy are both on the same hill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cordeiro wrote:
earache wrote:

Isn't continuous hill terrain considered one big hill? So, you don't roll one less die if you and the enemy are both on the same hill.

Correct on that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.