Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Myers
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Performed my personal unboxing last night, sleeved all the cards and reviewed the components and rules to prepare for my first encounter tonight and I have a small question which hopefully someone can help me with.
I understand how to utilize the number tokens (for applying random attributes when using the Sword Beach map), but could only find a statement stating 'double-sided green/red tokens are provided to place on Sectors as required'. I searched the rules but couldn't find any other reference to these tokens. Can someone please explain when and where the green and red tokens are used; why they are different (what is the significance of red vs green); and what does the exclamation point (!) on the red token signify.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
rogmyersgeek wrote:
Performed my personal unboxing last night, sleeved all the cards and reviewed the components and rules to prepare for my first encounter tonight and I have a small question which hopefully someone can help me with.
I understand how to utilize the number tokens (for applying random attributes when using the Sword Beach map), but could only find a statement stating 'double-sided green/red tokens are provided to place on Sectors as required'. I searched the rules but couldn't find any other reference to these tokens. Can someone please explain when and where the green and red tokens are used; why they are different (what is the significance of red vs green); and what does the exclamation point (!) on the red token signify.
Thanks

There is nothing in the base game that requires them. In later expansions (Normandy off the top of my head), require them. You reach Command Posts to be able to get into the bunker later so we introduced them to record this game state. Emmanuel will also be using them in upcoming expansions.

So the board was developed in Normandy to help with that expansion. And because the base game also had a need for the numbers and hadn't gone into production yet, we added the extra board to make sure we had plenty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Peters
United States
Saint Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I opened my boxes a few nights ago, but am deliquent in proceeding beyond opening the boxes and admiring everything inside.

I have sleeves standing by to receive cards, but it doesn't look as if tehy will fit into the box insert once they are put together (which I am bummed about as I love the pictures posted showing all the cards lined up with cool dividers).

Anyway, as you have sleeved your cards already, how are you storing them? I have a bunch of deck boxes I can use, but am always interested in better storage ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Myers
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian,
Thanks so much for the quick response. Didn't want to miss something during initial play.
Take care,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Myers
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After sleeving I found that they would fit in the white dividers shipped with the box. I used Mayday Mini Euro Game 45mm x 68mm sleeves. Even though they did fit in the divider I decided to sort and store them in small zip lock bags. Doesn't look as good in the box, but keeps them together. Deck boxes would be nice if you have small ones, but you probably would need to discard the white divider.
Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.