Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick C Connor Jr
United States
Jamestown
New York
flag msg tools
mb

Pesky Level 1 creatures becoming a nuisance? Drop Idol of Pestilence and watch them scatter as they take a point of direct damage every turn! With one point of armor and eleven life points, this conjuration can survive long enough to take out a Bitterwood Fox or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Gerding
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
An awesome card to play when summoning the undead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely! I've never used it in my games, but a nice book of skeletons and Reassemble spells would be cool with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Pope
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
Also works great with the demonic creature Malacoda, and the other Dark conjuration Deathlock! Whirling Spirit is another non-living creature that gets around these cards, just like the Skeleton Sentrys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cameron maynard
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Don't forget your mage is a living creature! But so is the enemy and a few more points of direct damage like lets say a ghoul rot and a death link and you become favored by the gods. And there is nothing better than playing this when the opponent is hurt more and has just that last life they are saving and hiding behind a wall to heal when you drop this Idol. Epic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry G
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
This card is great against swarms of living creatures. Beastmaster be warned. Level one monsters will most likely die or be vastly weakened by the time they come for your mage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Fregoso

La Spezia
Italy
msg tools
Black Metal Geek
badge
NO FUN - NO CORE - NO TRENDS - NO MOSH
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Galactus wrote:
Also works great with the demonic creature Malacoda, and the other Dark conjuration Deathlock! Whirling Spirit is another non-living creature that gets around these cards, just like the Skeleton Sentrys.

Bryan, when will the rules be avaliable?
we all have a huge hype for this game, even here in Europe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Pope
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
Hi Marco! We're working on it! We are extracting the rules pages from InDesign and making them searchable as an online document, and downloadable as a PDF. We hope to have this up very soon along with an online video tutorial of how to play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Henson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
NR71 wrote:
Don't forget your mage is a living creature! But so is the enemy and a few more points of direct damage like lets say a ghoul rot and a death link and you become favored by the gods. And there is nothing better than playing this when the opponent is hurt more and has just that last life they are saving and hiding behind a wall to heal when you drop this Idol. Epic!

Exactly! Also, I like putting Poisoned Blood on my opponent mage as well. It's an enchantment that gives the enchanted creature the Finite Life trait -- meaning he can't heal up as long as the enchantment stays on him. Nothing better than to force him to deal with 1.) my enchantment and 2.) my idol. That just gives me more time to beat him down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Graeff
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminds me a lot of one of my favorite MtG cards - Pestilence. Ahhh, my old Pestilence decks - fond memories.

Anyway, I really like this ability - it can do so much in the right set up really, its great. Does the ability affect the whole board, or just the particular zone that this cards in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dix
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It affects the whole board. If you manage to get the card out it hurts both you and your opponent, so it requires some planning on your part. There are a couple of conjurations that affect the whole board and make the game really interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.