Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
theo van den eijnden
Netherlands
gemert
noord-brabant
flag msg tools
mb
On my turn i moved my Elf Archer in position so that i had targets A and B in line of sight.
On A i had a clear shot and B had protection from terrain. Now i played the minor order card Quick Shot to attack B for 10 damage.
My opponent did nothing. After this i played an other minor order card Quick Shot to attack B for 10 damage.
This time my opponent dodged this attack and tapped B.
So now i had the option to use the Elf Archers creature card Ranged attack to do 10 damage to either A or B because they both couldn't dodge.
Is this the way the game should be played or did we fail in understanding the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James S.
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
From the rulebook:

"As an immediate action, a creature with cover can tap to dodge
any ranged attack made against it. A creature that dodges a
ranged attack takes no damage from the attack, and it does not
suffer any other effects of that attack."

So, as you're writing it, I understand the following:

1) You had two legal potential targets for attacks from the Elf Archer, one of which was in cover.

2) You activated your Elf Archer and used Quick Shot to fire at the enemy in cover. This is legal. You opponent chose not to dodge. This is also legal. Note that the rule says the opponent CAN choose to tap to dodge, not that he or she MUST choose to do so.

3) Your opponent DID choose to dodge the second attack. Since Quick Shot states that you make a Ranged Attack, and the Dodge rules allow for it to be used against "any ranged attack made against [the creature]", your opponent did this legally.

4) The Elf Archer now can use its standard action attack to make a Ranged Attack against either target. Because target B in cover has tapped to use its Dodge, it cannot do so again this turn.

As far as I can tell, you played correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Tatroe
United States
Windsor
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Looks both correct and like a great use of positioning and cover, to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.