B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the 'Upcoming Product' page on the FFG website, Android: Netrunner has moved from the red "In Development" stage to the Orange "At the Printer" Stage:

The product is at the manufacturer. The duration of this process can vary greatly depending on the characteristics of the product, from a few months for a book to many months in the case of board games, which often need to coordinate multiple companies' components such as cards, dice, miniatures, and game boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how this helps us. Aren't we already aware that they're doing a limited release at GenCon and a wider release shortly thereafter? Have I misunderstood the timeline? Has that changed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We know there is a release at Gencon, but nothing has been said of the wider release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They can't hand product out at GenCON if it's not printed.

They very likely are not doing two separate print runs, that's insanity.

So the first 'X' (where hopefully X is bigger than 64) will be shipped via expensive air to GenCON for distribution there.

The other 'everything printed less X' will be packed on a boat and shipped the slow, less expensive way.

The earlier the stuff gets on a boat, the faster 'everyone but those who get a copy at GenCON' will have access.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
"At the Printer" also means the rule book is finalized. Maybe there's hope we'll see it online earlier than the Monday before Gencon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although it is worth it to note that their status updates are not incredibly accurate. It is possible it could have been at the printer for awhile now already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
Although it is worth it to note that their status updates are not incredibly accurate. It is possible it could have been at the printer for awhile now already.

Or that I noticed it days after it happened...

Regardless, we have a moment in time (7/19/2012 morning) when it was 'at the printer', even if it had been there minutes, hours or days before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ffaristocrat wrote:
"At the Printer" also means the rule book is finalized. Maybe there's hope we'll see it online earlier than the Monday before Gencon?

Hope springs eternal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Avers
United States
Elmore
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
We know there is a release at Gencon, but nothing has been said of the wider release.

I'd swear I've seen a August release list for FFG that had it on it. Can't remember where, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Shelton

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PMAvers wrote:
Darksbane wrote:

I'd swear I've seen a August release list for FFG that had it on it. Can't remember where, though.

The BGG Marketplace entry that CLS already has posted says anticipating August release...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.