Subject: Re: Asfaloth and location exploration rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
notrub eneg
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing locations removed by the Asfaloth effect as NOT explored unless they are the active location. Especially pertinent if, when and whether you attach Ancient Mathom to the given location.

However, if they are in the staging area and removed by his effect and have VPs, they are mine!

Are these correct uses of his talent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
I believe they are considered explored regardless of whether or not they are in the staging area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Worcester
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
No. As soon as a location has the requisite number of progress tokens, it is considered explored and is discarded from play (assuming no other restrictions).

There's no reason you can't put the Ancient Mathom on a location in the staging area and then explore it away. You can even do this during the planning phase!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
notrub eneg
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK,

Thanks for the quick responses. I guess I was playing it too literally/conservatively. I thought it would not be appropriate to explore a location you have not traveled to.

Nevertheless, I am good with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just FYI - there are other ways to explore a location without traveling - northern tracker is the prime example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
notrub eneg
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LSU,

Agreed, he is good for staging area locations. Any location can be impacted by Asfaloth or the Riddermark card, I believe. There are certainly tools available if you get them on deck.

I also use the one resource Bofur cast as well, very handy and not so subject to ping losses that can occur.

Apologies all, when I brought up Bofur I was thinking about other ways I get to the active location and eliminate it - not strictly on the topic we were discussing.

Jamie, definitely agree; the cards seem a bit powerful in the current mode. I guess my bias would be to limit the advantage of Mathom to active locations and no VP credits to eliminated locations that are not active. After all, you are benefiting by lowering the threat against you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this was a bit of a design mistake because it makes these type of cards too powerful. But yes, still explored no matter from where.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.