Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bank ran out of money in our game. Should we substitute with alternate $$?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric cartman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no.

But how did you manage that ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We used poker chips

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game has each player start with a limited amount of money, and the bank starts with some ($3, I think). Each time anybody pays anything to change a die, they pay $1 per die, going onto the stagecoach. That money goes up to the bank next turn.

I can't think of any cards which have you add money to the game after that initial setup.

The game starts with a set amount of money, and from that point forward it just changes hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I used the wrong wording. When I said the bank ran out, I wasn't refering to the space on the board but rather the overall money reserve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Anderson
United States
New Brighton
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious. How did this happen?

It's been a bit since I've played it, but it seemed like a closed economy to me. Money is either in the possession of players, on the stagecoach, or in the bank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Deep Fat Friar wrote:

It's been a bit since I've played it, but it seemed like a closed economy to me. Money is either in the possession of players, on the stagecoach, or in the bank.

Yes, it's a closed economy. $3 starts in the bank, $8 is given to each player at the start, no more money is available during the game.

Sounds like no one is spending money to keep more than one die each round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
falluper wrote:
Deep Fat Friar wrote:

Yes, it's a closed economy. $3 starts in the bank, $8 is given to each player at the start, no more money is available during the game.

Sounds like no one is spending money to keep more than one die each round?

Even if that happens, there's no net increase in the amount of money circulating. If no one's paying money to keep/reroll dice, no money is going onto the stage coach.

There is absolutely NO mechanism in this game for this situation to occur. There is enough money in the box (unless the box shipped incomplete) for the maximum number of players. If you are able to set up, you have enough money.

TL;DR: OP is playing wrong.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Closed economy=#players*$8+$3
Edit:too slow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My guess is he was adding $3 to the bank EVERY turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I know what's wrong: we were playing with the expansion and one of the added mine cards said to take 3$ from the bank. We assumed it meant from the reserve but it appears it means from the bank space on the board. It makes sense now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
We ran out of gold nuggets in the last turn, when someone got to go first and choose nuggets or the panning for gold, they chose the nuggets, and the 2nd player got panning for gold, but there wasn't enough gold nuggets to take... (we play to the end of that round right? )
e.g. (they needed 5 gold nuggets because the card said take 5, but only 3 were available). Would they only take 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.