Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why is the German Edition so much nicer than the English Edition? cry

Actually, they are not ll that different, but some of the subtle differences make them much nicer in my opinion.

Like the yellow tint to the symbols, how the borders of the cards all have a kinda "smudged"/blurry effect like darkness is surrounding surrounding the card and getting closer, and the cards in general seem to be a little bit darker in color.

Plus the tin is kinda nifty and the artwork for it is a nice variation of the one used for the english edition.

Is it that much more expensive to get hold of a German edition copy in the US?

Anyone know if it has the nice Linen finish too?

Just curious. If it wouldn't be too pricey, I would love to pick up a copy of this version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Germen Edition vs English Edition?
Brewtal_Legend wrote:

Actually, they are not ll that different, but some of the subtle differences make them much nicer in my opinion.

Like the yellow tint to the symbols, how the borders of the cards all have a kinda "smudged"/blurry effect like darkness is surrounding surrounding the card and getting closer, and the cards in general seem to be a little bit darker in color.

Plus the tin is kinda nifty and the artwork for it is a nice variation of the one used for the english edition.

Just curious. If it wouldn't be too pricey, I would love to pick up a copy of this version.

There are at least two different printings of the English Z-man edition floating around. The first printing was done by Z-Man before the Z-man/Filosofia merger, and these were printed in China, and use a linen-finish card. These will clearly say "Made in China" on the back of the box.

Later printings, including anything after the Z-man/Filosofia merger, were done in Germany and use a rather flimsy Dominion-style cardstock with flat finish, and is in general a poorer quality playing card. These will indicate "Printed in Germany" on the back of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Germen Edition vs English Edition?
looleypalooley wrote:
Brewtal_Legend wrote:

There are at least two different printings of the English Z-man edition floating around. The first printing was done by Z-Man before the Z-man/Filosofia merger, and these were printed in China, and use a linen-finish card. These will clearly say "Made in China" on the back of the box.

Later printings, including anything after the Z-man/Filosofia merger, were done in Germany and use a rather flimsy Dominion-style cardstock with flat finish, and is in general a poorer quality playing card. These will indicate "Printed in Germany" on the back of the box.

I know the english edition and german edition are both printed in Germany. But the artwork is slightly different. Unless the made in Chana version also has the artwork I'm talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, is it confirmed that all copies of the German Edition that comes in the Tin box has the nicer artwork found here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1172677/onirim ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Here's a review of the TIN Box version at cliquenabend.de where they show pictures of the contents. Hope that helps.

http://www.cliquenabend.de/spiele/311100-Onirim.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
greengow wrote:
Here's a review of the TIN Box version at cliquenabend.de where they show pictures of the contents. Hope that helps.

http://www.cliquenabend.de/spiele/311100-Onirim.html

Right on. Thanks. Too bad it isn't in English though.

Anyone know if they made the german edition in a "Made in china" version with the linen finish?

Is the nicer artwork that impressive up close? Is it really worth trying to get a copy if I already have the English edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.