Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
I learned sometime back that by including '&start=xx(in seconds)' after imbedding a YouTube link, the resulting video clip would jump to the denoted time stamp and begin from there. I've tried using it recently, and noticed it no longer functions. Any explanation for this?

Edit: sample link: youtube=garboldy_gook_letters&start=15

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure the start URL parm was ever officially supported.

This article describes an alternate approach that might work after the ampersand.

https://plus.google.com/115229808208707341778/posts/JVpSAjpn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Matt - I'll try that.

(For the record, I used the ampersand format with success in the past, which made me wonder what had changed.)

Edit: nope - tried several iterations, including changing the options at YouTube before capturing the link. Same result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
soblue

I think the fact that it worked was a bit of luck that the value you paste into the "tube" link happened to be at the end of the url so if you had extra stuff in there you effectively could pass through other parms to YT.

Maybe something did change on BGG such that the URL formatting is different now.

I'd be curious to know if old usages on BGG still work or are those broken too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:
I thought the same thing, but off-hand I can't recall where I used them before. Jatoha was the first to point out this function.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LennyS wrote:
matthew.marquand wrote:
I thought the same thing, but off-hand I can't recall where I used them before. Jatoha was the first to point out this function.

soblue I was wondering about that. I couldn't get it to work recently, either. I'd bookmarked this geeklist specifically so I could remember how to format YouTube videos to jump to a certain spot. I know this used to work:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/34918/item/744607?comm...

(If that doesn't take you directly to the comment, look under item #6.)

Edit to add: Yeah, it doesn't work anymore at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.