Subject: does travel box fit this board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
does the board that comes in SoS fit in the travel box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it doesn't fit. The board is much larger than the travel box. The travel box will fit the cards and some of the acrylic gems and thats it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While it does make things more organized, the board simply is not needed. Case in point... people have been playing Dominion without a board. Yet, the big box version on Amazon offers a board for the foundation cards.

The reason I bring that up is while you're free to bring the board, it does eat up ALOT of bag/carry space. Those who are adamant about using the boards (for Dom too) are mostly those that invite people to a venue where a full copy of such games is already stored there. And on some smaller tables like them common square tables with folding legs, the length-wise side of the board eats up almost the whole length of the table. Things get messier when you need to put your cards and constructs to the side, with next to another player is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what about the SoS box itself, will it store the sleeved cards for all three games plus space for more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get rid of the insert it will all fit. Otherwise, no.

You can fit all of the materials released, including the cards, boards, rule books, gems, etc. into a single box of either Chronicle of the Godslayer or Storm of Souls but you have to throw out the insert to do it.

For a lot of games, including ones with cards, I just sleeve the cards, toss them in a ziploc bag and put them in the box along with some of the other components, bagging as necessary, and it works just fine with out the need for an insert.

EDIT: Clarification: I meant that you can keep everything released, all 3 sets, including the 2 boards, rulebooks, cards, promo cards, tokens etc in a single box (either SoS or CotG) if you really want to down size the boxes. There is room left over and I am sure it could easily accommodate Immortal Souls assuming it is roughly equivalent with RotF in terms of contents and size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually kept the insert from RotF and use that to store the 6 starting decks and the honor tokens. Then use 4 Ultra-Pro deck boxes to store the cards from all three sets. One deck box for always available and promo cards, and the other three deck boxes for the portal deck. Board still fits too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.