Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
Run you clever boy, and REMEMBER!
badge
Well behaved women, seldom make history.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it too early to start talking about Halloween costumes? I found out the area I moved to is the community that everyone in the entire city comes to trick-or-treat at. Looking forward to it... and will probably invite a few friends over for Halloween cocktails YAY! BUT, now I have to think about what to be. I'm thinking a good family theme would be to do superheros...

My first thought is Black Widow, or maybe Silk Spectre.

Kids costumes are great. I think Jeremiah will beg to be Spiderman again this year, but he also likes Superman and Green Lantern now... so who knows really. I think it would drive my husband nuts if we mixed Marvel & DC.

So, bring on the ideas creative people...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Halloween Costume Ideas :)
Would you be buying or making... since it is this far out... if you are at all sewing inclined you have plenty of time to do that.

I think I might be like your Hubby and rather stay with either all Marvel or all DC.

Maybe you need to get your fam together to brainstorm, since they would be the ones wearing a costume.... ohh... You could get each member of the family to create "sets" of costumes.

Like:

Mom - WonderWoman
Dad - Superman
Son - Batman
Daughter - Hawkgirl

If you made enough of these brainstorm sets you could then randomly pick one, or make a game of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a huge Avengers fan (from the comic books specifically) but I would actually think you'd like Emma Frost more, since she has sexy tall boots and this costume comes with boot covers!

If you want any other sexy ladies of Marvel (that I think you'd look great in), I'd recommend Ms. Marvel.

You'd have to purchase the mask and suit separately, and depending on where you want the zipper would also make a difference, but she has boots that go all the way up to her mid-thigh!

Here's the best place I found to purchase the outfit. There are two different places to get the mask: One on Etsy and One from a Cosplay company.

Good luck on the costuming and I demand pictures!!! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
kristiefix wrote:
I think it would drive my husband nuts if we mixed Marvel & DC.

This shit would drive any comic geek nuts (even me!). laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
DC costumes seem to better fit Kristie's style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
... if you are at all sewing inclined you have plenty of time to do that.

Sorry, I am a jack of many trades but sewing is NOT one of them. Bandage sewing is about as far as I go (you know a button falls off, or there is a rip in a doll, etc).

If we do Avengers, my husband already said he would do Iron Man... Jeremiah would be a cute Capt America, but not sure what to do with my blonde princess in that case.

It does seem like it would be easy to stay themed though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kristiefix wrote:
Melsana wrote:

Sorry, I am a jack of many trades but sewing is NOT one of them. Bandage sewing is about as far as I go (you know a button falls off, or there is a rip in a doll, etc).

If we do Avengers, my husband already said he would do Iron Man... Jeremiah would be a cute Capt America, but not sure what to do with my blonde princess in that case.

Thor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
I'm a huge Avengers fan (from the comic books specifically) but I would actually think you'd like Emma Frost more, since she has sexy tall boots and this costume comes with boot covers!

If you want any other sexy ladies of Marvel (that I think you'd look great in), I'd recommend Ms. Marvel.

You'd have to purchase the mask and suit separately, and depending on where you want the zipper would also make a difference, but she has boots that go all the way up to her mid-thigh!

Here's the best place I found to purchase the outfit. There are two different places to get the mask: One on Etsy and One from a Cosplay company.

Good luck on the costuming and I demand pictures!!! laugh

Holy wow girl, that was a huge complement. The skirt costumes will run super short on me and I have to get swimwear (like the suit in Ms Marvel) in tall because I'm 5'10" - so costume wise, I was thinking something that had tall boots to cover pants that will obviously be too short or maybe a skirt that I can wear tights under would work, I'll need to think on it. But ideas are flowing... thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Boo store bought costumes.

Boo couples/family themed costumes. (until my wife and I do Don and Meghan Draper, that is)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:

Boo couples/family themed costumes. (until my wife and I do Don and Meghan Draper, that is)

Pfft, themed costumes are great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ziilch wrote:
kristiefix wrote:
Melsana wrote:

Thor.

Torunn, I guess. She would probably go for it because she would get to carry a sword.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:

This statement requires further explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:

Boo party poopers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ziilch wrote:
kristiefix wrote:
Melsana wrote:

Thor.

A little blonde female?

Give her a cute little labcoat and OSCORP badge: make her Gwen Stacy! Easy.

The ideas flow from my comic geek brain like crazy.

Unfortunately, I only have access to Marvel database in my mind. DC I don't know hardly enough. You could also do a modified Ms. Marvel and have a short black skirt that the boots go up to, if you wish to avoid the cost of buying the actual costume I linked.

The yellow Z across her chest, black mask, black gloves, and red sash with black thigh-high boots are what really make the costume. They're all relatively easy to do. You can even do the yellow Z as a cut-out from another yellow swim-suit onto a black swimsuit. The catch will be finding a totally plain black swimsuit!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songbird_(comics)

Songbird is also one of my favorite heroines. She has white hair with the pink streak through it. If your daughter is a blonde, she could just put a pink streak of fake hair clipped in it (or if you want to get her a wig, probably not though lol). Her outfit is super cute and she could have the "sonic wings" and everything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
Ziilch wrote:
kristiefix wrote:
Melsana wrote:

Thor.

A little blonde female?

Give her a cute little labcoat and OSCORP badge: make her Gwen Stacy! Easy.

The ideas flow from my comic geek brain like crazy.

Unfortunately, I only have access to Marvel database in my mind. DC I don't know hardly enough. You could also do a modified Ms. Marvel and have a short black skirt that the boots go up to, if you wish to avoid the cost of buying the actual costume I linked.

The yellow Z across her chest, black mask, black gloves, and red sash with black thigh-high boots are what really make the costume. They're all relatively easy to do. You can even do the yellow Z as a cut-out from another yellow swim-suit onto a black swimsuit. The catch will be finding a totally plain black swimsuit!!

Sammy would actually make a "cute" Emma Frost if going xmen/marvel, supergirl if going DC.

If we went Marvel/Avengers and wanted to stay true to it, she could always be a S.H.I.E.L.D.Agent I guess... or they have a cute black widow one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG! I found one you might like. I was browsing that website I found the Ms. Marvel suit on:

http://www.mywayzentais.com/Red-Phoneix-Shiny-Metallic-Super...

Jean Grey's Phoenix!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

My parents (pre-kids) once did Lady Godiva and her Horse... my dad was the horse. We have a home video of them.

My sister and I did Tweety and Silvester once.

I agree themed costumes are fun. I'm partial to hand sewn costumes myself. My mom was never much of a domestic type of mother, but the one thing she always did was sew us our Halloween costumes, so I have very fond specific memories of going to the fabric store and picking out the pattern and fabrics. Then my mom pulling all nighters the night before we needed the costumes. She always had them done though. They always look so much better then the cheap crap you buy off the rack at walmart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:

My wife and I were Harry and Joan last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
OMG! I found one you might like. I was browsing that website I found the Ms. Marvel suit on:

http://www.mywayzentais.com/Red-Phoneix-Shiny-Metallic-Super...

Jean Grey's Phoenix!

That one is pretty awesome.

a child Emma Frost is still way too big for Sammy.

I'm going to have to talk to her. The more I think about it... I'm guessing she is going to be the most difficult to please and that we will have to organize around her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

My parents (pre-kids) once did Lady Godiva and her Horse... my dad was the horse. We have a home video of them.

I agree themed costumes are fun. I'm partial to hand sewn costumes myself. My mom was never much of a domestic type of mother, but the one thing she always did was sew us our Halloween costumes, so I have very fond specific memories of going to the fabric store and picking out the pattern and fabrics. Then my mom pulling all nighters the night before we needed the costumes. She always had them done though. They always look so much better then the cheap crap you buy off the rack at walmart.

I might have to do Sammy's. The selection looks pretty horrible for girl superheros.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kristiefix wrote:
Melsana wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

I might have to do Sammy's. The selection looks pretty horrible for girl superheros.

If you need any creative ideas, I am pretty handy.

I also can crochet and have made many fun things including these:

(partially finished Jayne Cobb "Cunning" hat)

(made for a friend's birthday, Dr. Zoidberg!)

(a pillow I made for a really sweet co-worker on her last day with the company)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
kristiefix wrote:
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:

DC heroines wear a lot of black and leather. Marvel outfits tend to look like they're colored by 5-year-olds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:
kristiefix wrote:
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:

DC heroines wear a lot of black and leather. Marvel outfits tend to look like they're colored by 5-year-olds.

I DISAGREE!!

Fun thought btw Kristiefix: You're the same height as Selene (the Black Queen) from the X-Men series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selene_(comics)
http://www.comicvine.com/selene/29-2176/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I also fully endorse the idea of a couple going as spider-man and spider-woman. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.