Popular Tags: [View All]
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It's a bit of a drive, but I'm listening...

Now, I would like to point-out that my interest is the "ameritrash" aspect of this. I can't swing a dead cat without hitting some pretty decent eurogamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not interested due to the drive but I will vouch for Glen. He's a great guy and his gaming space is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love too, but I would only be able to do an occasional weekend (Sundays are the best right now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds fun but weekday evenings are really tough. I did run & organize a subgroup among the MHS ("Mile High Strategists") for awhile called the "Friday PUG" (PUG = pick up game), we would play some of the GMT CDG's like: TNW, SoR, HIS...and we talked about someday playing StarCraft tBG, or VP Shogun (now called "Ikusa" - "VP" for victory point version), but never got around to it, our regular playing location was cancelled for the entire summer.

I don't know if any of the above games would interest you, but I can probably rally some gamers for a Friday PUG of: TNW, SoR (5p, my personal favorite), HIS, VP Shogun, StarCraft tBG, Eclipse...or something along these lines.

Post here or geek mail me if you are interested.

(SFRR)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd join in but probably be selective on when to attend based on what game is/games are on tap. E.g., I'd be interested in Maria, Here I Stand or Virgin Queen, Friedrich...

And I've a friend or two who might be interested as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nakamoto
United States
Montrose
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TankBoy wrote:
Drat! How come all Colorado game groups are North/Northwest of Denvercry

Don't mean to derail the thread, but this group meets at Park Meadows Mall... http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DenverGames/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osmotic Trickster
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Down along the creek, I remember something
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like fun, I wish I could be there. Best of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bellynice wrote:
I'd join in but probably be selective on when to attend based on what game is/games are on tap. E.g., I'd be interested in Maria, Here I Stand or Virgin Queen, Friedrich...

And I've a friend or two who might be interested as well!

Would you play Sword of Rome (SoR), or The Napoleonic Wars (TNW)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SFRR wrote:
Would you play Sword of Rome (SoR), or The Napoleonic Wars (TNW)?

Yep. I'm more intrigued with relatively remote time periods...for some reason, recent (20th-century) conflict themes don't catch my fancy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Gabrieloff
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this still happening? I'm new to the area and love war games... at least the lighter ones I've played so far (Combat Commander and the like).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also interested in more groups who play wargames, and I am nearby

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manhattandoctor wrote:
I'm going to put a few polls together today to gauge interest and possible days. Stay tuned...

Well I've got "2" (myself and my friend Kevin) who are "IN" for SoR or TNW on a Friday evening, should you desire to play those games. Both myself and Kevin would be willing to play HIS, but to be honest, that game is not a favorite of ours. TNW is an excellent CDG for anywhere from 3-5 players (it's unusual that it actually works well as a 3p game); SoR is only good for the 4p version, the 5p version is the best, but it needs a couple of "tweeks" (IMHO).

Thank you for offering to host, and organize this group by the way, I look forward to playing!

(SFRR)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glen - have you decided on any dates yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Finding one other guy to wargame with isn't terribly hard to do, so I sort of 'vote' against mostly 2-player wargames if a big group is getting together.

I would like to often come, but I usually have 2 big brother big sister outings a month---almost always on the weekends.

That, and eventually one of these days I'm going into "newborn hibernation" again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
manhattandoctor wrote:
I'd like to start a guild, but I'm short by 5GG.

Solved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manhattandoctor wrote:
Poll
Can you attend Friday, September 27, at 7:00 PM?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes
75.0% 3
No
25.0% 1
Voters 4
This poll is now closed.   4 answers
Poll created by manhattandoctor
Closes: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:00 am

By the way, it's Friday September the 28th (not 27th).

I will get off work around 5:30pm, and will be driving from south Denver to Golden. My friend Kevin will want to play as well. I would guess we could be there around 6:45pm?

Will we play TNW or SoR? For 3p or 4p, I would suggest TNW, if we have 5p I hope we play SoR!

Do you have another game in mind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, TNW is excellent, I'll even volunteer to be Austria, Kevin as the most experienced should be France...that just means he will beat up on me, and then I can convince all of you to attack him (remember, attack Kevin / France, a subliminal message that will repeat itself in your head).

Gosh I love multi-player cut-throat games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, but I must admit to being more of a wanna-be grognard then an actual grognard - I will study up on both of these games. I don't mind losing, at least the first couple times ... laugh

There is always a small chance work could rear it's ugly head - I will be sure to advise if that is the case ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Gabrieloff
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My partner will be out of town that day, so I will be at home on toddler patrol. Hopefully next time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.