Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I would like to know how flows the game with two players and the playing time it does take. Since it´s about 8 hours with four players...

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ragnar version was more like 240 to 300 minutes. It needs to be four-player and is much less interesting as two-player because it becomes too easy to coordinate. It would be a long game and something like adding 25% to game length because of doing two command jobs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark of carnage
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I've only played it once 2 player and on the plus side did not find it especially easy to co-ordinate between factions because with twice the cards down neither player could remember what cards were coming up next.

To add to the confusion, we had a house rule that you couldn't inspect your own column stacks unless it was that faction's turn.

We also assumed covert foreign aid bids were identical between factions on same side.

Setting up your deck at the beginning of each turn obviously takes twice the time when you have only 2 players and feels a bit laborious. That's what accounts for the longer play time.

Not ideal but 2 player was still fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.