United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please visit http://www.redravengames.com/games/ for access to the new components and the revised rulebook!

Thanks to everyone for supporting Empires of the Void. I am releasing this expansion because I want your experience playing to be as enjoyable as possible.

Included in the expansion is a new, revised rulebook that is hopefully much more clear than the original, complete with more pictures and an index. Please take a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting!

Going to take a look now. Ryan I've enjoyed my plays so far without these changes. Has a very 90s feel to it, but it's not garbage like most games from that time. We've found it very solid!

Interested to take a look at what you've done with the new stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
Interesting!

Going to take a look now. Ryan I've enjoyed my plays so far without these changes. Has a very 90s feel to it, but it's not garbage like most games from that time. We've found it very solid!

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, and I echo the previous comments...EOTV stands pretty dang good on its own, but I'm looking forward to expansions, etc.

Any suggestions on the best "most professional" way to print out new material from this expansion?

I think the tech boards will be an awesome upgrade, but printing it on regular paper will be a disappointment compared to the other high quality components.

Also, any City of Iron info?!!

Edit: Just looked over the City of Iron playtest thread. I see playtesting and refining is coming along. I and others are drooling to see more on this game!! Sounds fantastic!

Keep up the good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I test printed the files and had some trouble with the new Tech Ref. It prints really dark and the blue text is really hard to read. I'd suggest you make the small tech rule text white (like on the secondary board panels) and use a lighter cyan for the tech names. Blue is always problematic with printers.

Also, the text in the Space Port box isn't lined up correctly.

Hope that help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I test printed the files and had some trouble with the new Tech Ref. It prints really dark and the blue text is really hard to read. I'd suggest you make the small tech rule text white (like on the secondary board panels) and use a lighter cyan for the tech names. Blue is always problematic with printers.

Hope that help!

Thanks for the help. I've updated the file and put it on redravengames.com. Hopefully it isn't so dark now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilkFromACow wrote:
Awesome, and I echo the previous comments...EOTV stands pretty dang good on its own, but I'm looking forward to expansions, etc.

Any suggestions on the best "most professional" way to print out new material from this expansion?

I just use an inkjet printer. You can make the printouts look pretty good with some nice photo paper (and printer settings on high quality photo).

MilkFromACow wrote:

I think the tech boards will be an awesome upgrade, but printing it on regular paper will be a disappointment compared to the other high quality components.

Also, any City of Iron info?!!

Edit: Just looked over the City of Iron playtest thread. I see playtesting and refining is coming along. I and others are drooling to see more on this game!! Sounds fantastic!

Keep up the good work.

Thanks! City of Iron is getting close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
mechanicalfish wrote:
ScottE wrote:

Hope that help!

Thanks for the help. I've updated the file and put it on redravengames.com. Hopefully it isn't so dark now.

Thanks! That's going to work much better.

I'm printing these on a laserprinter so I usually have to lighten them up some in Photoshop. Laserprinters seem to always print dark. But this sheet came out almost black before the change!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Sager
United States
Sebastopol
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any plans to print this expansion? Would be nice to have the boards and rulebook professionally printed. Might even be a good little Kickstarter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rathsack
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
OVERTEXT AHHHHHHH!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Did I miss where the extra races are? I only saw the one in the announcement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RequiemX wrote:
Any plans to print this expansion? Would be nice to have the boards and rulebook professionally printed. Might even be a good little Kickstarter...

I'd like to professionally print this expansion some time in the future (probably with Kickstarter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFace wrote:

The races aren't up quite yet. I'll have two of them ready to download soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rathsack
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
OVERTEXT AHHHHHHH!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
mechanicalfish wrote:
DrFace wrote:

Cool! Having just acquired Empires (came in the mail yesterday) I am psyched to learn the game with the new additions. The secondary action board, tech tree and altered 2 player rules (how I'll often play this) all look really cool.

Also, concerning the 2 player rules; it doesn't specifically say how to build the event deck (either like the 3 player or like the 4 player setups) so I was curious what was intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFace wrote:
mechanicalfish wrote:
DrFace wrote:

Cool! Having just acquired Empires (came in the mail yesterday) I am psyched to learn the game with the new additions. The secondary action board, tech tree and altered 2 player rules (how I'll often play this) all look really cool.

Also, concerning the 2 player rules; it doesn't specifically say how to build the event deck (either like the 3 player or like the 4 player setups) so I was curious what was intended.

I hope you like it! The 2 player rules use the same event deck as described in the setup for 4 players. Also, I forgot to add these rules in the setup for 2 players: On each one of the worlds where the third, neutral player has ships, place an enemy token of that player's color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mechanicalfish wrote:
eekamouse wrote:
Interesting!

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the expansion.

Great expansion! If only it came out before my review, I think this would have raised my final score!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos to you Ryan for continuing to improve this game, and making it available for free. I am especially looking forward to the new rulebook.

I am not much a PnP'er though, so I do hope you do a print run of this expansion once it is ship-shape!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drasher25 wrote:
Kudos to you Ryan for continuing to improve this game, and making it available for free. I am especially looking forward to the new rulebook.

I am not much a PnP'er though, so I do hope you do a print run of this expansion once it is ship-shape!

Thanks! Hopefully at some point I can get this printed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Sager
United States
Sebastopol
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mechanicalfish wrote:
drasher25 wrote:

Thanks! Hopefully at some point I can get this printed.

The Kickstarter for the Flash Point expansion did great. Once you've got this finalized, I'm sure you could succeed. Especially if folks got a second shot at the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
mechanicalfish wrote:
RequiemX wrote:

I'd like to professionally print this expansion some time in the future (probably with Kickstarter).

Any concrete plans to do this? Next year?

I'm just curious - and too lazy to PnP this expansion meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jer Wolfe
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan... (insert a whiny voice)
I can't find the extra 4 races... hrumph cry

When is soon, soon? Your last updates post on this was July of this year.

Oh please give all of us EotV suppoters an early Christmas present?!?

Love the game btw,
Jer
mechanicalfish wrote:
DrFace wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfe13 wrote:

Love the game btw,
Jer
mechanicalfish wrote:
DrFace wrote:

It's true, it's been quite a long delay. blush But in this case, "soon" means in the next 24 hours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jer Wolfe
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa... surprise
Wife was right... whining actually works... whistle

Jer
mechanicalfish wrote:
Wolfe13 wrote:

Love the game btw,
Jer
mechanicalfish wrote:
DrFace wrote:

It's true, it's been quite a long delay. blush But in this case, "soon" means in the next 24 hours!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfe13 wrote:
Whoa... surprise
Wife was right... whining actually works... whistle

Ha! I guess that's true. (But really, I actually was planning to release them in the next 24 hours, so the timing was good).

Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/axzq8y7zndhchep/empiresofthevoid_r...

*Edit: I made a mistake on the first page in v1 of this file. The description of the Sirens says that they must use an attack action for their "steal a starship" ability to work, but Frank let me know that they can use it whether defending or attacking. Sorry about that! I've updated the file. Everything on the race boards is the same (just fixed the rules clarification for the Sirens on the first page).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jer Wolfe
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow,

So the Sirens did make it in... cool!!

What card stock do you suggest or would it be wise to affix them, then laminate instead of a direct print?
They are so Awesome!! Lots of play testing and reading, not gonna get much sleep... sigh

Happy backer, Red Raven FTW!! (now about City of Iron... Lol)
Jer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ryan, for all the free additions - that's great customer support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.