Subject: Stallion and mare? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stevenson Junior
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you notice? Horse models seem to actually differ stallion from mare... quite rare sight in plastic models world.
At least in childhood correct world of some popular wargames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that, but didn't dwell on it. I agree, it's not a detail that typically gets attention from sculptors!

And while looking at the four different styles of leader models that the game provides, I noticed that two of them have no sashimonos. Both of these leaders are on foot and have a jacket pattern similar to the seated command figure, though they each have a different helmet/headgear whereas the seated figure has none.

Finally, the game gives each army a choice of three distinct banner shapes to choose form to represent the force.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I had no idea on the horses. I just noticed the one had what looked like poo coming out of it that has to be clipped off.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StevensonJunior wrote:
Did you notice? Horse models seem to actually differ stallion from mare... quite rare sight in plastic models world.
At least in childhood correct world of some popular wargames.

Interesting that this was not promoted on the box contents description.

[Edit]
Not that one has to look very closely... well maybe a little.

I believe what we have are not stallions but geldings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.