Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Lockard
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state to, 'take all star player cards and separate them into two decks'. Does that mean to take all the star players from the 6 teams (and free agents), or all the star players from the 2 participating teams (and free agents)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the two main decks of star players: OWA and CWC. Individual teams don't matter, just the backs of the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Renaissance Man wrote:
From the two main decks of star players: OWA and CWC. Individual teams don't matter, just the backs of the cards.

However, in 2 player, if you are both playing a OWA team, then you do not even need to take out the CWC star player deck; it won't be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play with ALL the star players from that league. So if I'm playing Orcs and my opponent is playing a Wood Elf, Human, or Dwarf team, I'll still shuffle all the Orc star players as well as the Skaven and Chaos star players into the deck for potential draft draws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wild bill
msg tools
This rule is pretty nebulous. We take only the star players from the teams involved in the current game, and shuffle them into the star player deck for their respective league. Will try these other variations and see if we like them any better. Having more team's star players involved would make the Reavers team upgrade where you gain fans for star players w/ the Reavers logo less valuable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Think it's pretty clear actually though I can certainly understand the confusion in general. I guess it helps to be a fan of sports IRL where the idea of team loyalty is laughable. :D

You take ALL star player cards from each division and make two shuffled piles. During the game if you are a CWC team, you draw from that pile; OWA from OWA. As of the base game at least, team allegiance in star players is completely meaningless as a status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
AstroLad wrote:
Think it's pretty clear actually though I can certainly understand the confusion in general. I guess it helps to be a fan of sports IRL where the idea of team loyalty is laughable.

I hear you, but in Blood Bowl each roster is limited to what races it can recruit, and Team Manager contradicts that.

AstroLad wrote:
You take ALL star player cards from each division and make two shuffled piles. During the game if you are a CWC team, you draw from that pile; OWA from OWA. As of the base game at least, team allegiance in star players is completely meaningless as a status.

The sport metaphor also breaks down when considering that Star Players are loyal to their division.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Mistiaen
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VitoCor wrote:
This rule is pretty nebulous. We take only the star players from the teams involved in the current game, and shuffle them into the star player deck for their respective league. Will try these other variations and see if we like them any better.

The rule is very clear. That's what the faction tokens are for: to mark a Star Player from another faction as part of your team.
This is not a variation but the correct way to play. You may like it better otherwise and that's fine, but know this would be a house rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
AstroLad wrote:
Think it's pretty clear actually though I can certainly understand the confusion in general. I guess it helps to be a fan of sports IRL where the idea of team loyalty is laughable. :D

I hear you, but in Blood Bowl each roster is limited to what races it can recruit, and Team Manager contradicts that.

Never played Blood Bowl so even easier for me. :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You use all of the star players from both leagues. Regardless of what race you are playing. The FAQ on the FFG website specifically states that you may draw a Dwarf player, but your team may be all Scavens. As long as you draw from the correct league, the races do not matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.