Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cases are numbered out of 6250 and each contains 4 games. That makes a print run of 25,000 - can that be correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tucker
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Greetings!
badge
Greetings!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe for the first run, but i'm sure they'll make plenty more than that as time goes on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on my limited understanding of these things, I think that's quite large as far as hobby board game print runs go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
dawson_osu wrote:
Based on my limited understanding of these things, I think that's quite large as far as hobby board game print runs go.

Especially for a game as pricy as this. The price alone makes it kind of a niche game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dawson_osu wrote:

That's quite right. Mind you, based on the 'case number' method, here's a few print run estimates:

Descent 1st Edition - 5k
Runewars - 10k
Talisman Dungeon Expansion - 3.5K
Arkham Horror - was a print of 16k, but recently is 8k

Descent has been a consistent seller since it was first launched and could be considered to have crossed-over into a more mainstream market from the hobby market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.