Subject: Question about SPI's European Theater of Operations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larz Welo
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
No more stones. No more spears. No more slings. No more swords. No more weapons! NO MORE SYSTEMS!
badge
You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you can never strike God!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I recently acquired a copy of SPI's World War II: European Theater of Operations on the cheap. It wasn't inventoried and I had no idea of whether it was complete or not. After just inventorying the game, everything is complete and in good condition, which makes me quite happy. I looked on the game page here and did a search on ebay and it seems that this game is running for something around $100. That shocked me. The other thing that shocked me was that no one seems to want it for trade or anything. I'd appreciate feedback as to whether this price is even mildly realistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
I see one for $50 BIN (no clue as to the completeness) and one with a $10 bid on it with one day left. The one for $100 on BGG has been listed since 2008. I think there just isn't much demand for it, even though I hear it is much better than the newer A:ETO.

Edit: Also $28 for a very good from Noble Knight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McNeely
United States
Hilo
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I paid 14 for a first edition. I went 24 for the PTO which was unpunched. Unfortunately I have a mismatched pair now. Good game but I can't see paying more than 50 for it in great shape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid $100 for both European and Pacific about 2 years ago, one of which was unpunched, so $100 for one is probably too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
This game is not that rare - 100 bucks is gouging.

30-40 for it is about right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Evan Brooks
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I sold my copy (previously punched and played, although complete) at the WBC auction in 2011 and received $12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.