Jeff Engel

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to do some nitpicking here... I sort of posted these at the bottom of another thread, but thought they maybe deserved their own post:

The Oksana Svedlovigoba card says to "remove two stamina cards from your trash and put them into play, fully tapped." I assume "Trash" is actually the "Discard pile", as "Trash" is never mentioned in the rules, but it also says "fully tapped" which I'm not sure if that means just "tapped" or does it mean "double-tapped"? Double tapping Stamina would seem to be somewhat worthless, as you get to "ready" all of your Stamina at the beginning of your turn, which has a specific meaning in the rules. So, I'm guessing it's just tapped... in which case, why would it bother saying "fully tapped" instead of "tapped"?

Can you use the Coach's abilities at any time during the match? For instance, could I use Oksana's ability on my opponents turn to bring in 2 Staminas "fully tapped" and then "ready" them when it comes to my turn?

I'm also slightly confused about "Shot Enhancements". Well, perhaps this can be further boiled down to this question: Can you do your actions for the turn in any order, or do they have to be in the order listed? The instructions actually don't say (except that recycling has to come before the hit). Thematically, it makes sense that the last thing you would do is actually hit the ball, but the way "Shot Enhancements" are described makes it sound like you can actually play these after a ball is hit when it "needs extra firepower." So could I play Slash and Burn after hitting a ball if I come up short with the die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Vargas
United States
Farmers Branch
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'm gonna answer these in order. Hope my answers help. Here goes:

1)Yes, the discards is the trash.

2)Fully tapped just means tapped.

3)Coaches can only use their abilities during your turn.

4)You can do all you're actions in any order except for the readying your stamina and drawing a card, that's done at the beginning of your turn.

5)Nothing else can be played after hitting the ball. More power can not be applied after the paddle touches the ball. You can see how even thematically it would be impossible, you can't just double tap a ball!

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Engel

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snickel Fritz wrote:
Okay, I'm gonna answer these in order. Hope my answers help. Here goes:

1)Yes, the discards is the trash.

2)Fully tapped just means tapped.

3)Coaches can only use their abilities during your turn.

4)You can do all you're actions in any order except for the readying your stamina and drawing a card, that's done at the beginning of your turn.

5)Nothing else can be played after hitting the ball. More power can not be applied after the paddle touches the ball. You can see how even thematically it would be impossible, you can't just double tap a ball!

Hope this helps.

Ok, that's pretty much what I figured. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Vargas
United States
Farmers Branch
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. I'm going to be posting a new rule book soon with clarifications and examples. I just need to finish editing it tomorrow and I should have it up by the weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.