Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first solo game with a newly constructed deck, and scored a 41 on Journey Down the Anduin. This is the first time I've used the score sheet, and being new to the game I have no reference point for how good my score is. Is this an average score for that scenario?

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You did great!

(I have no idea what the average is.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Wojcik
Poland
Kraków(Cracow)
Malopolska
flag msg tools
designer
I very much like designing games but I think I prefer to play them.
badge
Metallum ... game I most proud of.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you used the revised (see scoring section of FGG's FAQ) scoring you probably broke the world record

As far as old scoring goes you did ok (as this scoring can be easily gamed for a score close to 0 especially in last stage of Journey Down the Anduin) but to tell the truth I am just impressed that you managed to build a good solo deck against Anduin on your first try (it took me few tries before I did it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to add 10 points for each round you've played!

Any solo win in this scenario is good so don't stress the points. I haven't played it too often solo, but the best I've done is 34 pts + 90 for rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wojo thanks for the link. I didn't know about the scoring change or how many rounds I played. I'm sure that put my score over 100 though. I might try it again tomorrow with the correct scoring and see what happens.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Wojcik
Poland
Kraków(Cracow)
Malopolska
flag msg tools
designer
I very much like designing games but I think I prefer to play them.
badge
Metallum ... game I most proud of.
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as new scoring goes my best result against Anduin is 135 which is I am sure far from being the world record. At least it might give you a clue what scores are close to average.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Powell
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably a forum topic all it's own... But I still don't understand the new scoring method... With the extremely limited points on what few encounter cards that have them, it seems the 10 points per turn is a little much. Did FF ever actually outline the logic to this? A lot of players responded saying it made sense to them, but I just don't get it. It just seems the opportunities to mitigate the point cost of each round are pretty negligible, and if you're playing for points you should just race through as quick as possible, nothing else matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
jpowelltheowl wrote:
This is probably a forum topic all it's own... But I still don't understand the new scoring method... With the extremely limited points on what few encounter cards that have them, it seems the 10 points per turn is a little much. Did FF ever actually outline the logic to this? A lot of players responded saying it made sense to them, but I just don't get it. It just seems the opportunities to mitigate the point cost of each round are pretty negligible, and if you're playing for points you should just race through as quick as possible, nothing else matters.
This is FFG. What has logic to do with it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
The logic is, unless you can lower your threat by more than 10 per turn, then delaying the game will lower your score. So in general trying to win quickly is better than stalling. 10 is a nice round number and above 6 (the most commonly used threat reduction)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like my best solo score was 122 with Loragorn, Frodo, and Boromir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Powell
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised that anyone could reliably reduce their threat by even 6 per turn, every single turn, especially if you aren't using a spirit-heavy deck. How is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are able to draw your whole deck (Unexpected Courage x3 on Beravor + Bilbo + Gleowine, etc), you could use Dwarven Tomb + Will of the West + Galadrhim's Greeting + Elrond's Council to easily reduce threat by 9 per turn, assuming you've got Steward of Gondor and you've got all heroes generating Spirit resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've scored a 100 on it using Eowyn/Theodred/Dunhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a database somewhere of scores people have gotten at tournaments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hank__hill wrote:
Is there a database somewhere of scores people have gotten at tournaments?

This is just one guy's unofficial tournament on the FFG fourms, but it might be the closest thing to what you're looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.