Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does fortified lines have any bearing of siege rolls. i don't think they do, but if enemy army moves and there is a garrison army in fortress with a level 1 fortified line, does army bypass fortified line?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Garrison army already implies the enemy movement is complete.

During the enemy movement, you can have an army behind a fortified line. You can either decide to fight (getting fortified line bonus) or garrison the fortress (fortified line remains in play but has no effect until the besieging army leaves the siege).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don H
United States
Atlanta
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Kris has become a very capable Q&A advanced guard. I'll provide a little more context:

When a force moves into an enemy space containing a fortified line, the bypass attempt is only necessary if the defending force decides to fight a field battle. If the defender instead withdraws inside the fortress (or does so after the attacker wins a battle), the fortified line remains in place but is ignored for the duration of the siege.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kris and Don
That's what I thought but wanted to make sure.

Thanks again for the quick response

Don, this is a great game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

It's an excellent game and the decision whether to stand and fight or pull back to the safety of a string of fortresses feels just right. My only complaint is I'm not able to play it as often as I'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.