Subject: Set up question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
One and probably easy question:
Take a look at the second scenario in Bridge to Victory scenario: Shall the Union player set his/her units on the Bridge at once, or they appear one after the other and may all enter the board even from the same square?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Units always deploy one at a time (as the first action as part of their first turn) unless otherwise stated in the scenario.

Units don't enter the board "from" a square, but "to" a square, so I don't understand your second question. They can deploy to any of the deployment squares shown in the scenario description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the mess. I was referring to a general set up, like:

1. The Axis player wins initiative and places his first unit on board, using a "move" action.
2. Then the Allied player places his first unit on board (let's say on the bridge) using a "move"+ another"move" action.
3. Then the Axis player places another unit like in point 1.
4. Now the Allied places his second unit in the same - now emptied -square as he did in point 2 and moves on...

My question is: is the above procedure right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as its an official deployment square for the scenario, I don't see why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that would totally be legal.

In some scenarios (like the first one in Operation Cyclone), it's pretty much necessary, as it's possible to have more units than deployment squares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.