Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So now I see Sierra Madre's webstore is calling the expansion High Frontier Colonization, pre orders in October, expected release in Oct 2013. Gah...

I just got the second ed. of the base game, and am already wanting the support cards and expanded map. Looks like I will be waiting quite awhile, sigh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess one could still buy the poster, and jury rig cards based on the excel sheet in the files section in the meantime... Still the other new stuff sounds great too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that "High Frontier Colonization" is a 2-nd expansion. The first expansion surely is still available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
rbelikov wrote:
The first expansion surely is still available.
Not currently, aside from the occasional copy that shows up in the marketplace for an obscene price ($70+).

Unless you happen to know of a source...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
nickgb wrote:
I guess one could still buy the poster, and jury rig cards based on the excel sheet in the files section in the meantime... Still the other new stuff sounds great too.
I used screenshots from the VASSAL module to cobble together a set of the expansion cards. They're functional, but are a poor substitute for the real thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must try to track down the vassal mod. Or cyberboard if that exists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore

Washington
msg tools
nickgb wrote:

My plan was to print out the expansion cards and sleeve them - shouldn't be too bad since they don't have to be shuffled in with the others. I'd love a reprint of the expansion though.

For the poster map, if you keep an eye on Zazzle, they offer big sales occasionally. There was a 50% off a couple days ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
banshee10 wrote:
nickgb wrote:

My plan was to print out the expansion cards and sleeve them - shouldn't be too bad since they don't have to be shuffled in with the others. I'd love a reprint of the expansion though.

For the poster map, if you keep an eye on Zazzle, they offer big sales occasionally. There was a 50% off a couple days ago.

zazzle seems to do 50% off pretty regularly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jakab

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Sierra Madre website says there's going to be a "new improved" expansion in April 2013. It's not clear if this means the Colonization expansion will be out then (its web page still says Oct 2013) or if it's the original expansion with extra stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevejreg wrote:
The Sierra Madre website says there's going to be a "new improved" expansion in April 2013. It's not clear if this means the Colonization expansion will be out then (its web page still says Oct 2013) or if it's the original expansion with extra stuff.

This is more or less equivalent:

Colonization = original Expansion with much more stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Colonization come with the map board extension?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gar0u wrote:
Does Colonization come with the map board extension?
Yes, and it's a drastically upgraded version that covers almost as much as the poster map - all the way out to Sedna (which is beyond Pluto).

The old expansion board only went to Saturn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.