Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was thinking there might be new curse cards that do things. So this would fundamentally change the curse cards from being a singular card into a card category, with the actual "Curse" cards being part of a larger curse category.

If any card from previous expansion says to gain a curse cards, you can choose which "Curse" card to gain. Any reaction cards that prevent you from gaining curse cards would apply to all cards in the curse category. Any action cards that will let you trash a curse card applies to all curse cards, except Plague.

At the start of the game, you may lay out any curse cards you wish. However, if there is a action card that specifies a type of curse card, then that particular curse card must be included.

New curse cards:

Plague:
Action-Curse
0 cost.
-1 VP
You may trash a card from your hand that is not a curse-type card.
You may only trash this card by using an action that specifies this card.

Corruption:
Action-Curse
0 cost
-2 VP
+1 Gold, +1 Buy, +1 Action

Possible new action cards

Wretch
Action-Attack
3 cost
Each opponent gains a plague card

Doctor(complete with that freaky long nosed mask)
Action
4 cost
+1 card +1 action
Each opponent may trash a curse card (including plague) from their hand.
For any opponent that does so, gain 1 Silver.

Cart (like the kind that carries off the dead)
5 cost
Action
+1 card, +1 action
Reveal the top 2 cards in your draw pile. If there are any curse cards, including plague, trash one of them. Discard or Place the other(s) back onto your Draw Pile.

I'll post other ideas as they come to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McClellan
United States
flag msg tools
See, this has been discussed many times before. Curse is the only Curse type card for a reason. And I would totally buy Corruptions. They're Peddlers you don't have to play Actions to buy. The advantage provided by the free Peddler would more than compensate for the -2 VP. And you can always trash them later - use Transmute to turn them into Duchies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
werothegreat wrote:
See, this has been discussed many times before. Curse is the only Curse type card for a reason. And I would totally buy Corruptions. They're Peddlers you don't have to play Actions to buy. The advantage provided by the free Peddler would more than compensate for the -2 VP. And you can always trash them later - use Transmute to turn them into Duchies.

This has been discussed, but the only reason I've seen is the naming. Curse is both a card name and a card type. If there was another name for a type that signified negative VPs, there wouldn't be a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:
werothegreat wrote:

This has been discussed, but the only reason I've seen is the naming. Curse is both a card name and a card type. If there was another name for a type that signified negative VPs, there wouldn't be a problem.

IIRC, in the really early prototypes the card type of Curses was "Token" or something like that. It confused the heck out of playtesters and so we ended up with the current setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Y
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I think that just means that if there is another card with the curse tagline, it should have the setup rule of "if this kingdom card is in the game, it replaces the basic curses", and there should be 40 of them in the box, and probably only one such card in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
juffowup wrote:
I think that just means that if there is another card with the curse tagline, it should have the setup rule of "if this kingdom card is in the game, it replaces the basic curses", and there should be 40 of them in the box, and probably only one such card in the game.

Its possible to make a card with negative VPs but still be priced higher than zero. It could be better than taking a normal curse, which would make attack cards like witch and torturer useless. They would have to name the type differently and still keep curses around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.