Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Death toll in Aurora, CO at 12. Looks like the nut job had enough ammunition to do a lot more damage. Prayers to families and survivors.

What a shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silvertongue
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verily. Good vibes and prayers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally think there should be a law created saying if you are the shooter/killer, in a mass shooting/killing spree and you are able to be arrested, you get NO trial, or any sort of treatment or fairness.

Instead, you get a nationally televised caning - each lash performed by a member of the immediate family of anyone killed in the attack.

Followed by a nice hot dip in a salt water (open wounds and all).

Followed up with brutal questioning of why and what you were trying to prove

Followed by one more lash each

Finished off with the President himself, executing the criminal with one single shot to the head, point blank.

Then your body tossed into an ocean for Sharks to feed on.

Inhumane????

So is killing innocent people, trying to enjoy a normal day in life.

(that's right, I thumb up'd my own post! Because I know I make a good point. Make the punishment extremely vicious, and it would make people maybe think twice about it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always bring your towel.
United States
Morrilton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Djcheddar wrote:
I personally think there should be a law created saying if you are the shooter/killer, in a mass shooting/killing spree and you are able to be arrested, you get NO trial, or any sort of treatment or fairness.

Instead, you get a nationally televised caning - each lash performed by a member of the immediate family of anyone killed in the attack.

Finished off with the President himself, executing the criminal with one single shot to the head, point blank.

Inhumane????

+1

Our "justice system" doesn't seem to do enough justice in most cases. This would be a great start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Djcheddar wrote:

But then there's that pesky 5th Amendment to the Constitution that states in no uncertain terms:
5th Amendment wrote:
"[N]or shall any person . . . be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law . . . "
I realize people are upset, but that does not nullify due process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RSP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Djcheddar wrote:

Inhumane????

(that's right, I thumb up'd my own post! Because I know I make a good point. Make the punishment extremely vicious, and it would make people maybe think twice about it)

Yep, becasue history teaches us that if you have cruel and unsual punsiments it stops crime. If someone goes on a amss killing spre it's unlikly that they are operating ion what you (or I) might consider a rational level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesjunkie wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:

Inhumane????

+1

Our "justice system" doesn't seem to do enough justice in most cases. This would be a great start.

I agree, and the first thing shuold be to shoot all the laywers. Justice can only prevail, when only guilt or innocence (not wealth or technicalities) determine the virdict. Is this even possible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He could have at least had the courtesy to shoot himself at the end. Now we've got to take care of him (cloth him, feed him, etc...), do all kinds evaluations, and generally relive this for the 18 months......all on the taxpayer's dime.

It makes the previous post of 'throw him to the sharks' seem like good alternative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:

But then there's that pesky 5th Amendment to the Constitution that states in no uncertain terms:
5th Amendment wrote:
"[N]or shall any person . . . be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law . . . "
I realize people are upset, but that does not nullify due process.

And right to bear arms isn't an open invitation for people who shouldnt own a gun, to be able to get one

Just like freedom of speech allows us to say things that involve the word President and shoot in the same sentence, or bomb and plane. or protest funerals of fallen soldiers

yeah, our ammendments are "perfect" the way there are...

Has anyone ever thought to maybe adapt with the times? Pretty sure when those were drafted back in the beginning, everyone respected it. But nowadays, nobody gives a crap. It's all about defying the rules and bending them just enough to not get in trouble, yet while affecting loads of people (innocent people)

Im not just talking about the deaths. I also mean what we all will have to deal with in the future too. Metal detectors at movie theaters? Pat downs?

I mean the general atmosphere of paranoia increases EVERY time this happens.

So why not find a way to reform the ammendments to correct the issues and calm the paranoia of every day life?

(I know that is asking a lot and is unable to be done, because nothing will set a perfect standard, ever. there is always someone or something breaking the rule. But I'm just pissed right now and venting my thoughts)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
.. fan
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesjunkie wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:

Inhumane????

+1

+2!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n00bs wrote:
gamesjunkie wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:

Inhumane????

+1

+2!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
You people are f****** idiots.

What if a lot of people are shot dead, and I say I saw you doing it? KILL YOU NOW WITH NO TRIAL!!!

Morons. Arbitrarily killing people doesn't bring justice. A fair trial that determines for sure what they did, and what the punishment should be, is what brings justice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think our society would do better if it could learn to weep about things like this. As a Marine, I spent a lot of time learning to deal with people I love being injured or killed. All of the proclamations, rage, and even killing the motherfuckers that did it don't do anything constructive. Don't get me wrong, I would kill these people to stop them and I am endlessly enraged that these deaths happen, but when we get together to discuss it, we should strive to grieve together, rather than tear each others' guts out. Even when we don't like each other, remember that WE ARE THE GOOD GUYS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
.. fan
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:

What if a lot of people are shot dead, and I say I saw you doing it? KILL YOU NOW WITH NO TRIAL!!!

Morons. Arbitrarily killing people doesn't bring justice. A fair trial that determines for sure what they did, and what the punishment should be, is what brings justice.

Ok! First a fair trial then:

A nationally televised caning - each lash performed by a member of the immediate family of anyone killed in the attack.

Deal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't seem to concern the gamers in Denver. I posted a message of concern on a Denver area Yahoo Group that I signed up to years ago. The following posts (from 4 different users) were about their next gaming session.

They don't seem to be bothered by it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:

Well I was speaking in the tone of the current deal, the shooter was caught, in the act.

Obviously my thoughts aren't drawn to perfection. But you could at best assume I understand people can be falsely accused and in those instances, yes a trial makes sense.

But you cant deny this fucker, or anyone else caught in the act of, deserves this punishment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
richcharters wrote:
He could have at least had the courtesy to shoot himself at the end. Now we've got to take care of him (cloth him, feed him, etc...), do all kinds evaluations, and generally relive this for the 18 months......all on the taxpayer's dime.

And he'll come out with a doctorate and muscular physique in 10 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Djcheddar wrote:

Inhumane????

Sentiments like this are as scary to me as the incident itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:
richcharters wrote:

And ultimately ...is that bad? Rehabilitation seems to be a far better outcome for our penal system than simply training folks to be better criminals.

If we're as debased as a society as much as some of the hyperbole posted here suggests - then kill em' all and let God sort them out.

But if we haven't fallen that far yet, then there has to be a better alternative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:
richcharters wrote:

He'll more than likely spend the rest of his (numbered) days at Florence ADX, the Federal SuperMax facility only 2.5 hours south of Denver. He'll get no special treatment there.

Is Colorado a death penalty state? I thought it was, I could be wrong.

Prayers to the families and loved ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
artfuldodge2 wrote:
Phil of Mars wrote:

And ultimately ...is that bad?

No, but pardon my jaded thought:
internet access, gym, education, 3 square a day. aside from the lovin' I'm sure it doesn't sound worse than scraping by in the economy these days to some people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

I agree, and the first thing shuold be to shoot all the laywers. Justice can only prevail, when only guilt or innocence (not wealth or technicalities) determine the virdict. Is this even possible?

No. In our system we sometimes see the guilty go free and the innocent convicted. But the system is only as good as the people who run it. Guilt or innocence can only be determined by human beings and we human beings are imperfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:

internet access, gym, education, 3 square a day. aside from the lovin' I'm sure it doesn't sound worse than scraping by in the economy these days to some people.

In some prisons, the lovin' is also included. Maybe just not the kind YOU'RE hoping for...

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:

No, but pardon my jaded thought:

Never been to a prison it sounds like. Or maybe Indiana has such a thing. OSP here is no joke and no picnic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.