Craig Richards
United Kingdom
Woking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All

Been a long time since anyone has posted here so don't know if there's going to be much interest.

After shooting a quick GM to Scott he has given me the go-ahead to do my own re-design of the cards. I have made a start and was wondering what people think? I'm trying to stick as much as I can to the original layout whilst giving the cards more of an 'artifact' feel. This is my first re-design project so go easy on me . Anyway here is the first card I have come up with. Let me know what you think.

The main reason for the re-design was to allow me to incorporate my own expansion that I am working on which allows multiple players and changes the end game slightly. There's also the possibility of a traitor/Evil doer mechanic but I've not thought much about the details of that yet.

The expansion will introduce the Black Keep (what fantasy game couldn't be made better with the inclusion of an ominous obsidian tower?) into the game. It will grow in levels similar to a dungeon but will also spew out creatures attacking and destroying nearby settlements and slowly taking over the land. It becomes a race against time to take out the black tower and once it has been taken out the winner will be the hero with the most impressive keep.

I'm very interested to hear what people have to say about these ideas.

Cheers

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. Reminds me somewhat of actual medieval manuscript lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Richards
United Kingdom
Woking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Peter. That's actually the kind of look I'm going for. I've made a few changes since the above example, trying to make it look more hand written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like the simple approach, you might give things more space between, if possible. The numbers and letters are too hard to read, they need to be done in a much more uniform font for immediate recognition (could still be handwriting font). And sorry, but the pencil artwork is poor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Richards
United Kingdom
Woking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi strangelander

Thanks for your comments. Since that picture the fonts have indeed been changed for something more readable. The curleyness was just too much for some folk laugh

As for the pencil drawings I needed to provide some thing as simple as possible for players to copy onto their own maps. Any thing more complicated would require too long to copy down or might leave some players frustrated. If you have any suggestions though I would be more than happy to hear them

Cheers again for the feedback

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope to see the completed deck soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Richards
United Kingdom
Woking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jeff

It's getting there, in between life's other chores.

Hopefully up in next couple of weeks.

Craig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lightman
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
How is this project coming along?

I really like the 'look & feel' of your cards - they fit in well with the 'theme' in my humble opinion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.