Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lynn Anderson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to play Castles of Burgundy, Lord of Waterdeep, Power Grid and course the Entre to Gaming, Ticket to Ride, to name a few. Any suggestions on games that are similar that I can play alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SoloPlayGames
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you like Ticket to Ride and Power Grid you have 2 solo games there according to the following geeklist:

SoloPlay Variants Posted on the Geek

There may be others on the list that you might enjoy solo and with other fellow gamers.

However if a variant is not your cup of tea, then consider, Forbidden Island. But for a much tougher challenge go for Ghost Stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out my GeekList: Solo Games Recommended by SHIGADEYO

SUMMARY OF ITEMS (in alphabetical order)
Castles of Burgundy
For Sale
Friday
New World Colony
Equilibrion (Urbion)
Onirim
PAX
Race for the Galaxy
Rallytaire
Red November
Utopia Engine

SOLO GAMES I PLAN TO TRY
Dice of the Living Dead (free print and play)
Flash Point: Fire Rescue
Rolling Thunder (free print and play)
Troyes (variant info)
Twenty One Turn Hero Minigame (free print and play)
Walnut Grove
Wheels of Time (free print and play)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost any co-op game will work. I don't generally like solo games/variants where the objective is simply "get the highest score" - I prefer something with a definite win/lose condition.

My favourite solo right now (by a long shot) is Space Alert. Red November and Pandemic. Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm (the first expansion) includes a solo variant that's not bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
notre dame (drier euro), dominion (all-round beauty) and runebound (adventure) all play great solo. Check out each respective forum and my tip is to go for the simplest/fastest rules available, even if they leave out chunks of accurate AI - there are far too many ridiculously long variants for solo games which will put you off playing altogether.

oops, forgot martian dice and roll through the ages - two great dice games that work fine solo (especially the awesome latter)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fahl
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No, I can't tell you....it's a secret.
badge
Mudflaps
mb

There is no reason that you can't play those games solo:

Solo multi-player games

As for games with an official solo variant, I like Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
It's not similar to those games, but even so, I recommend Mage Knight Board Game. You can explore, fight, gain allies, conquer cities, cast powerful spells, unearth artifacts, etc. And the mana crystals just look awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M *
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agricola and Arkham Horror are supposed to have pretty excellent single player modes.

However Friday is designed as a solo game, and plays pretty great. It's a high score mechanic, so while you play it alone, it's fun to pass back and forth with a friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Grimes
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday seconded. It's deck building/reconstruction for one, and you will lose, and love it, and try again.

Walnut Grove is amazing. It plays with 1-4, and the game hates you. A bit of randomness in setup, and random tile draws keep the game from really being a solvable thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn Anderson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the suggestions!. I bought Forbidden Island today and ordered FRiday and am hoping to get Walnut Grove.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harris
United States
Brunswick
GA
flag msg tools
I've greatly enjoyed improving my score at solo Le Havre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lynn255 wrote:
am hoping to get Walnut Grove.

Cardhaus has it for $27.88 + shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
Castle Panic has a solo game variant, also At the Gates of Loyang. I tend to play Colosseum solo, setting it up for three players. That`s kind of fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.