Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Empires of the Void» Forums » News

Subject: New Race! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at the first new race for Key to the Universe: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1371722/empires-of-the-void-k...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool Looks like fun. I shall be printing this one off very soon!

Is there going to be some flavor text for them sometime? In final form, I'd love to print that too and laminate them together for extra coolness.

With regards to the wormhole bit, can other players use the Dragonfly wormholes:
- With permission?
- Without permission?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Cool Looks like fun. I shall be printing this one off very soon!

Is there going to be some flavor text for them sometime? In final form, I'd love to print that too and laminate them together for extra coolness.

With regards to the wormhole bit, can other players use the Dragonfly wormholes:
- With permission?
- Without permission?


Thanks! There will be flavor text.

Only the Travelers can use the Dragonfly ships as connected wormholes. And the ships do not connect to other wormholes, only to each other.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Schulte-Kulkmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ryan!

I guess that the "+1 Attack next to ancient defenses" ability means that the ship's attack value is lowered by 1, i.e. the attack roll gets easier. Is this correct?

Furtemore, the rulebook seems to confuse the Dragonfly and the Milipede. In the rules the Milipede is said to have the wormhole capacity.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kulkmann wrote:
Hi Ryan!

I guess that the "+1 Attack next to ancient defenses" ability means that the ship's attack value is lowered by 1, i.e. the attack roll gets easier. Is this correct?

I think it means you add +1 to the attack roll, which makes the roll easier too

Quote:
Furtemore, the rulebook seems to confuse the Dragonfly and the Milipede. In the rules the Milipede is said to have the wormhole capacity.

I noticed this too, but it confused me at first since I didn't look at the Millipede at first.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Are there files for this and the miner race anywhere yet?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for continuing to add to this great game - I normally only bring a game out (with our group) a few times, so it doesn’t get old.
Just a week ago, one of our group members requested I bring it.
That tells me that not only I like it, but it’s spreading, once you play it, you’ll like it.
Can’t wait to surprise them with the updates.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Jordan
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering what the possibility of this new stuff being available in non-electronic format.

While I love getting stuff for free, I would totally pay for physical copies of the new races, boards, cards, etc.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.