2 Posts

The Campaigns of King David» Forums » Rules

Subject: Building units of minor powers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Norell
msg tools
mb
Clarification to the rules states that a minor ally builds units at its own expense. What about a country that controls a minor power ( by dice roll) as a result of invasion?

Example ~ Moab invades Edom and Philistia wins the dice roll to control the Edomite units.

Q1: Does the Philistia player build Edomite units from his own Food/Resources?

Q2: Do the 'minor ally' building restrictions also apply to a power controlling an invaded country, or can it build without restriction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rauh
United States
St. Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the files section is a Q & A file. It may answer some of your questions. Also, at Consimworld, the folder there has some more Q & A stuff.

To the question, and it kinda states it in the rules, but was made clearer in a subsequent errata, any minor country flips all units to their full strength side and can rebuild two new units. I can't remember the heading number, but under the minor allies section (that is, a minor made an ally through the Alliance Event), it states that the controlling country can build units for that minor. It has been clarified that this is in addition to its normal, free builds.

A question I had was: "Does this apply only to minors you are allied to, or also to minors that you merely control because they were invaded?" I don't know if I have received a complete answer to this, but it seems logical to me, and I play it this way, that the controlling power can build additional units for that minor country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.