Hide
8 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » General

Subject: Question about the breakthrough map. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Door
msg tools
Since Breakthrough comes with a desert/winter map could I use it instead of buying the regular desert/winter map and just section off the unused tiles? Or would that not work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
RPGFanboy wrote:
Since Breakthrough comes with a desert/winter map could I use it instead of buying the regular desert/winter map and just section off the unused tiles? Or would that not work?

It is the same width. You would just need to cover 8 of the 17 rows to get it to the same depth. Might be a bot cumbersome but it could work.

Also, I am not sure how the folds work (too lazy to get my board from downstairs) but you may be able to fold it in half and have the desert side showing. Though it may be the winter side showing if the fold is the wrong way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamov
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do this to play overlord scenarios without a 2nd base game. It works well for all terrains except for the beach because it's not the same sand width.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe take a sheet of black posterboard and cut 2 "masks" in hex-zigzag-shape to cover 4 rows at each end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Door
msg tools
Boss Trojan wrote:
Maybe take a sheet of black posterboard and cut 2 "masks" in hex-zigzag-shape to cover 4 rows at each end?

Great idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coene Peter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boss Trojan wrote:

It's that kind of ingenuity thumbsup (among other) that brought victory to our side !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boedha wrote:
Boss Trojan wrote:

It's that kind of ingenuity thumbsup (among other) that brought victory to our side !

haha, nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dariusz M
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RPGFanboy wrote:

It will work as well as using buttons instead of tanks and pins as artillery. Almost the same fun with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.