United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if there's still much interest around this game seeing how there haven't been posts about it in a long time; STILL, I recently discovered it and I am having quite some fun with it! Is anyone interested in playing some duels online? All we would need are the same books, and we could play communicating through any chat platform online [like FB messenger, or others]. Drop me a line in my BGG mailbox if you're game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always wanted to get some of those books.

How about some Ace of Aces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
I've always wanted to get some of those books.

How about some Ace of Aces?

NEXT! but first, let's do some fantasy fighting!!! this is such a quick game that even with my busy schedule I can commit to playing. Maybe we can even have a weekly LW night :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you posted some information about this online in another location, but perhaps you can share the best ways you've found to get these books?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give it a try. I still get this game out a couple times a year to play with my kids.

Pelvidar wrote:
I think you posted some information about this online in another location, but perhaps you can share the best ways you've found to get these books?

You can order them directly from Flying Buffalo.

As far as I know, he is still reprinting them when they run out. And, he only charges a flat $3 for shipping, regardless of the size of the order. The only problem I've seen is that there is no longer any interest in issuing errata. I ordered a few books last year, and emailed Rick re/ a few errors, but nothing was ever added to the FAQ.

Still, it's a great old game though, and worth buying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
I'll give it a try. I still get this game out a couple times a year to play with my kids.

Pelvidar wrote:

You can order them directly from Flying Buffalo.

As far as I know, he is still reprinting them when they run out. And, he only charges a flat $3 for shipping, regardless of the size of the order. The only problem I've seen is that there is no longer any interest in issuing errata. I ordered a few books last year, and emailed Rick re/ a few errors, but nothing was ever added to the FAQ.

Still, it's a great old game though, and worth buying.

yes I got all of mine from Flying Buffalo. Their site is a headheache to navigate, but their service is very reliable [I had also bought other stuff from them before, and never a prioblem]. As for the errata, my copy of the Skeleton did come with a little note describing the errata, so I immediately made the corrections in pencil on the book.

And yes, this is a very fun system, great as a filler, or to play with younger-ish players or non-gamers. It is rock paper scissor with a theme (isn't Yomi too?), but actually there is A LOT of theme in it, and great replay value, flexibility in gameplay [it can be played in chat, over the phone...], and the fantasy cards add some extra depth and surprises. Definitely I hope this system does not get forgotten!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Still got mine from way back and an unfinished review still pending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd B
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
There's a Kickstarter campaign to release a new series of Lost Worlds characters in the Robin hood theme.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1666634174/legends-gaunt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
Thailand
Bangkok
Please choose a state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see the Robin Hood books may finally make an appearance. Will these include the Robin Hood (4001) and Little John (4002) books that never got printed?

I have good collection of the Nova and Greysea books. If there's a group up for a slower game, I'd be interested to try a Play by Forum here on BGG using the Official Lost Worlds Email Tournament Rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd B
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmb
After discussing with the game designer, Alfred Leonardi, we decided to completely rework Robin Hood. Current characters include Robin Hood, Maid Marian, Sheriff of Nottingham and Guy Gisborne. Little John may be released at a future date.

We've just posted a Kickstarter update within the past few minutes to release single character soft cover editions as well. Check it out! http://kck.st/TsuP9L
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Edwards
United States
Smyrna
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Coming in hot!
badge
Use the force....
mbmbmbmbmb
For a short while, I had a Yahoo group that I was using to run tournaments via email. I played as the referee, so both users would email me their actions, I would cross reference in my books and reply with results. It maintained the honesty that way, no worry about someone looking at the result before giving their answer.

The limitation there was my library. They could only use books I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill A
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I would be, I have all the books. Although I did not know about the kickstarter that has been referenced in some of these posts, was it ever successful?
I might be willing to try a moderated PbF version. Reading though posts here I see there was concern about posting copywrited images, but I was wondering if you removed the page numbers and combat matrixes from the images and just posted the artwork, would that be allowable? Without the page numbers and matrix you could not use the images to create your own books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
Thailand
Bangkok
Please choose a state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Bill,
No, unfortunately the kickstarter didn't make the cut. The upside of Firelight though was they put up a website to sell off a few old boxes of warehoused books, several of which had been listed oop on FBI. Things like the dino books went pretty fast.

I'd be up for a tournament game of some type... I have perhaps 90% of the books, not counting the newer Japanese stuff. I guess small thumbnail images without matrix listings would be ok but might be a bit of a hassle. Running it in pure text would also be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.