Alessio Serafini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, two questions:

15.5.3: if I understand correctly, the Attacker has the option to hold units back from the battle, in which case they are not subject to losses. What is then the meaning of "However, for the Attacker (only), chariot units that did not commit to the charge do not have to be included in the main battle." Isn't this sentence redundant?

12.1: can a force move through a port for (e.g., embark in Tyre and debark in Ura) for 3 MP, in which case all ports are effectively adjacent? Or does each sea lane cost 3MP, in which case only Generals alone would be able to go through a port in a single naval move?

Merci a l'avance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Riediger
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Alex crossing the Jaxartes... tricky endeavour.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, my reading of the rules is this:

15.5.3: If you attack you may decide whether you do a chariot charge or not. This is another decision than holding units back during the main battle. Hence, chariot units that did not participate in the chariot charge, may or may not be used in the main battle (and may or may not be subject to combat losses). Those chariot units that do participate in the chariot charge, have to take part in the main battle, though.

12.1: Each sea lane (i.e. a connecting line on the board between two ports) costs 3 MP to move along. Yes, only generals - having 6 MPs - may sail twice during one activation.

Cheers, Olav
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Serafini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.